Cannon Downriggers VS Other Brands

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Cannon Downriggers VS Other Brands

Postby Eddy C » Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 am

What he said :?:
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 am

NWfishaman wrote:
Nelly, I've been searching for this blog??? Whatcha been doin? Fishin or something? :D

The mag 10 stx's would get the job done, but all this talk of the digi-troll 10 has peaked my interest. I didn't hit the powerball lotto, so I'm hoping a blog might help crack the wallet open a bit further.

Ok,... I deserved that....

Here ya go guys... Sorry for the delay...http://www.theoutdoorline.com/blog/2013/05/21/de-mystifying-cannon-downriggers-bottom-track-feature/
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Eddy C » Wed May 22, 2013 5:39 am

I use reds for flashers and blacks for bait..... good releases
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Wed May 22, 2013 6:08 am

Eddy C wrote:I use reds for flashers and blacks for bait..... good releases

Right on the money EC! That is exactly what I use as well! thumbup
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Dash One » Thu May 30, 2013 9:28 am

Got to chime in ... I've been a Cannon DR user for over 15 years. Although Scotty makes a good product, I've never liked the handbrake, which I think is the Achilles Heel of their design. I like being able to hit the button and send my gear down instead of standing by with a hand on the brake and my thumb on the spool. With Cannon DT's, you have the ability to power down to 5 preset depths of your choosing - fricken handy, when I'm trying to get multiple rods fishing.

My Cannon Digi-Trolls are sturdy and smooth runnin' - with a ton of features including the ability to set the speed for deploy and recovery. I can slow 'er down a bit when using bait, and adjust accordingly when runnin' gear. And, if you're worried about running braid - DON'T - works bitchen on these riggers.

For my $$, there's not a finer downrigger on the market.
Jay
Dash One
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Thu May 30, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks for "chiming in" Rev,

That's a great point you made about the use of braid with Cannon Downriggers. thumbup

Even though the Positive Ion System is built into each 'rigger that leaves the Wisconsin factory (oh, yeah did I mention that Cannons are American made???) you can use braid with the digital counter models namely the DT 5 and DT 10's

The Cannon Mag 5 STX and Mag 10 STX use the Positive Ion system to trigger the auto stop mechanism that halts the ball's retrieval at the water line.
In other words...Digitrols are cool with braid while the Mag series likes the wire much better!

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to spending a little Cannon "quality time" with you this summer!

Good luck up north with Robbo and let me know when you get back!!!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Thrasher » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 am

So what are the major differences between the Mag 5, 10, digi troll 5 and 10, and the Tournament series?
Thrasher
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Check out the entire line of Cannon Downriggers at http://www.cannondownriggers.com/
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Previous

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion