Tom "Nelly" Nelson
Tom "Nelly" Nelson has spent over a half-century on the waters, uplands and mountain ranges of his beloved home, the vast Pacific Northwest. For the past decade and a half, Nelly has been the voice of Seattle Saturday morning outdoor radio where his lifetime of hunting & fishing experience and his communication skills have been put to the test. In 2019, Salmon & Steelhead Journal named Nelly as one of "The 25 Most Influential Anglers In The West". From his childhood on the rivers and bays of Puget Sound to the salmon, herring and charter fishing fleets of Alaska, Tom has taken full advantage of all that the challenging outdoor classroom has to offer.
Joe Pyburn brings a lifetime of hunting and fishing experience to the Outdoor Line radio show. He grew up in the "Ray's Bait" family, one of the largest fishing bait processors in the Pacific Northwest. Joe's got decades of experience plying the Puget Sound for salmon and the banks of Washington's famed rivers for steelhead. That knowledge led him to a job guiding anglers at a destination lodge in Alaska just out of high school and eventually to Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula where he guided for trophy rainbow trout for a season. His hunting knowledge runs just as deep and there are few hunters in the northwest with as much backcountry hunting experience as Joe. He's taken countless mule deer and elk in the backcountry of Washington, Idaho, and Montana and in the fall that's where you're likely to find him, in the backcountry. When he's not on the Outdoor Line radio show you'll find him at the helm of Ray's Bait processing and distributing bait of all kinds to tackle shops and anglers throughout the Pacific Northwest.
This week on the Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
SATURDAY December 2nd 2023 6-8am!
- Runnin’ down the show!! Welcome to December! Bundle up and get outside!
- Ducks, geese, crabbing, squidding and south sound chum
- Jared Calkins of SkagitArms.com on Olympia's newest infringements on our Constitutional rights
- David Dietrich 253.282.4570 Adventure-angling.com South sound “slow water strategies” Christmas Island and the new store!
- Todd “Riverdog” Daniels 206.437.8766 winter Steelhead preseason preview!
- Don't miss the Bob's Heating and Air Conditioning Northwest Outdoor Report!
- Three Rivers Marine's "Really? Where? and much, much more!
I currently have an Airmar B75M thru hull transducer that I have not really been happy with. The transducer is connected to a Simrad NSS12 Evo2. Almost all of my fishing is for salmon in Puget Sound (mostly ...
Lets get the forum back...common Tom!