Mustad Leader Rolls

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Mustad Leader Rolls

Postby Rock » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am

Rob,

I have known to be a keen observer and I noticed in that Truck Vault video. That you had some possible bought leader rolls from Mustad. If so, where did you pick up those bad boys? If not.... well shoot. Tired of tying leaders for steelhead for the year.
Rock
Pecker Trout

Re: Mustad Leader Rolls

Postby Robbo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:04 pm

That's definitely the way to go Rock. Mustad quit making them a few years ago, but you can get some from Mike at Teds Sports Center in Lynnwood or Beau Mac is now producing leaders also. Mustad unloaded a bunch of them to Mike about a month ago and he may still have some in stock. Luckily I was able to purchase a few hundred of them before they went bye-bye. Good fishing to you thumbup
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Nick Berto » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:52 am

Most local tackle shops that carry salmon/steelhead tackle have pre-tied leader rolls.

I would recommend Three Rivers Marine and Tackle in Woodinville, they have a great selection of preties. And if you dont see something you like, they can have rolls made to your specification.

Also, those Mustad pre-tied rolls I heard are VERY old, might want to double check the line quality...
G-Loomis
Shimano
Power-Pro
Nick Berto
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:38 am

I was worried about the line quality also so I bought a few to start with and the line was fine...so I bought a couple hundred more. The nice thing about buying the other pre-ties is the line quality isn't a concern.
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby mitch184 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Since buying a couple dozen rolls I don't think I've had any break on fish. The greenish colored line seems to be a tid bit more brittle than the clearer line.
mitch184
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion