RE: Reduced Catch Limit A9

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

RE: Reduced Catch Limit A9

Postby Jeff Nance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Nelly what's up with the reduction on the limits for A9? From the report I read it said that the reduction had to do with the success of the fishery this year. This is the first time I have heard of an emergency rule change on this fishery.
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Re: RE: Reduced Catch Limit A9

Postby Nelly » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:32 am

Good morning Jeff,
Keeping in mind that this is a current (winter) season limit reduction which expires April 15, we are basically victims of our own success. :oops:

When A9 opened in November, it was on fire with near boat-limit action.
Once WDFW ran the numbers after the popular and successful Olympic Peninsula Salmon Derby, the sport fishery was getting close to exceeding encounters with legal sized fish, both hatchery and wild.

This close to the North of Falcon process, when you'll be sitting across the table from the tribal co-managers, it pays to mind your P's & Q's

When A9 opens up again on July 16, I'm confident we will.have our two fish limit back in place. thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion