Cutthroat fishing

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Cutthroat fishing

Postby Brandon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:03 pm

I wanna give this a shot. Girlfriends parents just moved to Bainbridge and there beach is a pretty well known cutthroat spot. Never attemped to fish for these. Lookin for pointers on what to use/not use, tides, rocky beach? sandy beach? on the bottom? Suspended? Thanks in advance.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Re: Cutthroat fishing

Postby Robbo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm

For the most part you want to stay away from the sand Brandon. Find areas full of life...rocks covered with barnacles, trees down on the beach that lay into the water at high tide, and points with rocky bottom around them are where you'll find cutty's. . Small baitfish patterns work this time of year because the chum fry are marching out of the cricks and out of the sound. Muddler minnows are also great and polar shrimp patterns can also produce at times. If you want to fish gear spoons work really good...both casting and trolling. I generally wouldn't fish any deeper than ten to twelve feet of water. Use a 5 weight or a light spinning rod and have a good time with them ;)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Brandon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

Sweet thanks man. I think im gonna throw some small spinners/spoons at em. Ill post some pics if i get anything cool.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Postby Nelly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 am

Brandon wrote:I wanna give this a shot. Girlfriend....

Girlfriend!!?!? rofl
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion