Kwikfish Colors

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Kwikfish Colors

Postby Robbo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 am

I'm looking forward to backing Kwiky's for fall kings and coooooho's here soon. There's just nothing quite like have a Kwikfish mashed by a big fall king and with all the bobber fishing that goes on now I think it's becoming somewhat of a lost art.

How about colors...do any of you have a favorite Kwiky color scheme that crushes dimer kings and ho's :?:

Here's one of my all time fave's when the water is juuuuust right..."Chicken Little"...equals....Hammer Time gears
kwikfish_chicken_little.jpg
kwikfish_chicken_little.jpg (172.04 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Kwikfish Colors

Postby Nick Berto » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 am

How come so many of the good colors are not made any more like your "Chicken Little" or "pedro"?

Where can you find custom painted kwikfish or old colors? I saw the article in the last STS with the custom kwikfish. Any others?

Here is one that I like and also cannot find anymore... (pardon the giant sardine wrap and tiny fish!)

G-Loomis
Shimano
Power-Pro
Nick Berto
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:18 pm

When I bought my last round of Kwiky's last fall at Sportco they had all the good colors, or at least until I bought them all out. I haven't been over there yet, but I'm guessing that they will be stocking the shelves any darned day now. Here's another one that's worked great for me over the years and it's super easy to paint. Pretty sure the fish don't care if it has tiger stripes or not 8-)
silver_kwikfish.jpg
silver_kwikfish.jpg (175.16 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Jerm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:12 pm

I bought some ol used ones off a retired guide FASTWATER (think his name was Don) from another fishing board. They looked like chewed up dog toys, so I bought them cause they must of been good swimmers. He had a lot of new ones but I wanted to repaint some for fun.

I've never had any success with kwiks. Mainly because I don't run them much.

Any ideas for paint jobs on these ol swimmers

Jerm
Pecker Trout

Postby DuckDog » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:07 pm

The ones with the red dots are awesome. I think some of the guides call them "Measel's". I fished with Scott Fierst on the Hump a long time ago and we hammered big kings on that plug. Not sure about the rest of them, but that ones a winner, winner Chicken Dinner thumbup
DuckDog
Pollywog

Postby Eli » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Love the chicken dinner. Can't wait for the hump or queets in a few fews
Eli
Pecker Trout

Postby Canyon Man » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 am

Don't even think about repainting those plugs. Just wrap them up and fish them! There is a reason they look like that when you got them from Don. Fish catching machines right there.

CM
Canyon Man
Pollywog

Postby RB3 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I have never got one on a kwik, but have done well with Tadpollies. I am hoping to get my first one this fall, if it ever rains..
RB3
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion