Flashing LED -water activated- lure lights!

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Flashing LED -water activated- lure lights!

Postby House » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 am

There's been a bit of a "buzz" lately about adding illumination to your terminal tackle.

Our friend Frank Bergstrom has recently gone into production with water activated LED's and Robbo just cranked out this video showing just what these lights can do! :shock:

http://video.theoutdoorline.com/view_video.php?viewkey=2268ada57a3be5062fe7

You can order these lights directly at: http://frankiebsfishingtackle.com/
House
FYI

Re: Flashing LED -water activated- lure lights!

Postby kurtmiller » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Just got mine in the mail, can't wait to use them, but I do have a question about them. How long do they last? Are they good for one day, one season, or until you break them?
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey Kurt,
Frankie B. Showed up at the Outdoor Emporium seminar today and I asked him that very question!
The LED's should last approximately 120 hours of continuous operation. So, if you have your gear in the water a solid four hours, you should get thirty trips out of them.
I'm looking forward to giving these flashing LED's a run soon...
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby kurtmiller » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks Tom... just tied one up exactly as FrankieB explained and it looks kind of, oh I don't know, catiewhumpus. With the 2 soft beads on either side of the guides on the light, it makes the inside uv hootchie lean one way while the outer hoochie leans the other way if you snug up the beads as they probably would in the water. Just looks like it's disjointed. Is this the way it's supposed to look? The ones Robbo showed looked pretty straight but it didn't look like he had any beads or inside hootchie. BTW, kudos to FrankieB's they were right on top of my order and I received it within just a few days.
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Postby Fisherlady » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Our order is in the mail thanks to the wind. We'll see how they work with halibut.
Fisherlady
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion