Grays Harbor Gillnet Waste Video!

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Grays Harbor Gillnet Waste Video!

Postby Medium D » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:55 pm

They say that 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish. By some accounts it's more like 26% of the License holders catch upwards of 92% of our fish. Do yourself a favor and take 20 minutes to watch this video. There is a lot of historical info on this new site:
http://www.FishingTheChehalis.net

Check out the site, get informed, form you own opinion...

Watch this segment first and post your comments:
http://fishingthechehalis.net/wdfws-historical-bias
Medium D
Duane Inglin
www.theoutdoorline.com 710 ESPN
Owner/Operator StrongArm Guide Service
Medium D
Master of Bait

Re: Grays Harbor: Future Fisheries Could be Interesting

Postby DuckDog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks for posting the link to that page Duane. It seems like they net the Chehalis more and more every year. How in the hell can they net that river 5 to 6 days a week and expect the runs to continue :evil:

They'll net the ##it out of the Chehalis until the runs suck so bad we won't be able to fish there anymore. Just like they've done everywhere else!
DuckDog
Pollywog

Re: Grays Harbor: Future Fisheries Could be Interesting

Postby Medium D » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Spread the word man, spread the word. Share the link and get folks back here to our forum to generate conversation. I sit on the committee down there and represent us, the sports-fisher's. We've seen the changes in the works, coming to the Columbia. We've also planted the seed, for a few ears, to look down the road at Grays Harbor/Willipa Bay. We'll never impact change if we don't generate an interest..... :D
Medium D
Duane Inglin
www.theoutdoorline.com 710 ESPN
Owner/Operator StrongArm Guide Service
Medium D
Master of Bait

Re: Grays Harbor Gillnet Waste Video!

Postby Nelly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 am

All I can say do is sadly shake my head. :cry:

What an inexcusable waste of a natural resource that has been going on for far, far too long.

Thanks for posting that Duane and I've just fired off an email to one of the site's owners requesting an interview.

It's time end wasteful, non-selective fishing practices and the information on http://www.fishingthechehalis.net/ is a great way to alert the public to these inexcusable practices.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Grays Harbor Gillnet Waste Video!

Postby DuckDog » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:12 pm

The numbers are all plain as day and yet it continues. Do you guys know if the CCA is fighting this in any way?

I bet a full page newpaper ad would stir things up :evil:
DuckDog
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion