Favorite Coffee???

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Favorite Coffee???

Postby Robbo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm

You simply can't crank out three straight months of hardcore saltwater fishing without downing a cup or two of good Java every morning. I've kind of always been a Starbucks or Seattle's Best "Breakfast Blend" kind of guy. I like my coffee black and that stuff has always tasted pretty derned good to me. A couple of summers ago I picked up some fresh roasted coffee from a guy named Winston in Craig, Alaska. He and his wife had just bought one of the local coffee shops in Craig (there's a grand total of 3) and he was going to roast his own coffee. "Hmmm, interesting," I thought. I envisioned him losing everything they owned chasing his dream on his brief stop in my favorite fishing town. Two years later I'm drinking his coffee, things are going damn good for him and his Wheelhouse coffee shop, and it's honestly some of the best coffee I've ever done drank. I'm hooked. I bought 20 pounds of Winston's Wheelhouse coffee before I left Craig at the end of summer. It's that damn good thumbup
wheelhouse_coffee.jpg
wheelhouse_coffee.jpg (77.57 KiB) Viewed 6612 times

I know every darn one of you has a similar appreciation for the java bean. What coffee do you drink when you're blazing around in the wee hours of the Northwest morning on your way to a boat ramp or duck blind toetap
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Favorite Coffee???

Postby Nelly » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:25 am

Sorry, call me a corporate shill but I've got a terminal case of Starbucks.

I work in downtown Seattle by the Pike Street Market and have been going to the original Starbucks store for over 20 years.

We even did a taste test at work, swapping out our commercial beans for a bag of 'bucks French Roast... No contest!

All that said, while we were in Costa Rica last year, I did get a cup made with hand-picked beans... May have been the best coffee I've ever tasted....or, it could have been the server.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Dan Carney » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:06 am

I guess I am just a simple guy, most of the time I just go with Folgers Classic or Yuban (read inexpensive and flavorful). On the rare occasions I go for something premium it is either Seattle's Best or Dunkin Donuts coffee.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Fivesrlimit » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:40 am

"Carmelita" by Tony's Coffee for everyday use. If I need a good cleaning inside, then the local Co-op's breakfast blend does the trick. Fives
Fivesrlimit
Pollywog

Postby Jadeo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:11 am

Kona Joe Obama blend medium roast blend of kona and indonesian beans smooth and tastey
Jadeo
Pecker Trout

Postby Salmonhawk » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:49 am

Starbucks French Roast, I just happen to be enjoying a cup right now.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Bucket » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Not a big coffee fella but that there wheelhouse is da chit!
Bucket
Pecker Trout

Postby Todd » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:31 pm

For starters...I like coffee like I like beer...I'll drink any of it, and enjoy most of it...but I have definite preferences when I'm buying!

So...easy call for me: Top Pot Doughnuts and Coffee.

http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/

Besides being really, really good...and the Official Coffee of the Seahawks ;)...my fishing buddy is the head roaster for the company.

It's good. Trust me.

Fish on...

Todd
Todd
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:03 am

We had some Top Pot coffee's at the Cougar game at Centurylink a few weeks back and it was definitely good coffee T-Rip thumbup

I'm surprised on one mentioned camp coffee. No coffee roaster on the planet can duplicate the tastiness of coffee, dirt, pine needles, flies, river water, and soot perculated over an open fire. Figure that one out and you'd be a rich man :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Todd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:23 am

All camp coffee is good...

...with a shot of bourbon in it ;)

Fish on...

Todd