Halibut Steve&RonGarner PSA Sno-King Mar 10 on Halibut

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Halibut Steve&RonGarner PSA Sno-King Mar 10 on Halibut

Postby Fishnut » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:36 am

Just a heads up I will be doing the talk at our monthly PSA Sno-King meeting for March. We have a pretty cool add this year. I have invited "Halibut Steve" Kaimmer from the International Pacific Halibut Commission. Steve is bringing an underwater video showing how halibut search and find the food. This is really cool. There is one part where a large halibut comes up and sees a huge octopus. The octopus immediately changes color to blend in. The halibut knows he is there somewhere but can't quite find it.

I will be teaching how to read structure for halibut and what to use for the ocean and Straits/Puget Sound. If wanted I can go over Canadian Banks on where to fish just across the border.

If anyone noticed I opted out of the Seattle Boat Show talks and have turned down a lot of talks this year. I feel we have gotten pretty good at our fishery. So I have taken it from 18-20 talks a year down to a handful to keep it quality.

I bought two Shimano Trevala 80-200 pound rods and two GT 340 reels for the two main raffle prizes. One will be the Grand Prize and the other will be the "members only" prize. I also purchased two 6' Gold Anodized Aftco Gaffs and four extendable harpoons, along with halibut fishing accessories. Should be a great meeting. Bring your wallet as PSA Sno-King is one of the largest funders of a lobbyist in Olympia to keep us fishing. Your raffle and membership money has a direct line to keeping you fishing. Come and win Some high quality gear! Maybe I can get Flasher to put in some of his sweet harpoon dart heads!

See you there. Bring your notepad.
SCSC Building
220 Railroad Ave
Edmonds WA
6:30 PM
Food and drink available for those coming straight from work.
Fishnut
Pollywog

Re: Halibut Steve&RonGarner PSA Sno-King Mar 10 on Halibut

Postby Salmonhawk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

If you have any questions about halibut fishing then this is the seminar to be at. I don't care how far you have to drive, it'll be worth it. That video sounds awesome by the way, hopefully I can make it.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements