Come ride on Big Red...& Little Blue...& The Gray...

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Come ride on Big Red...& Little Blue...& The Gray...

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

It's Boat Country's annual Stabicraft Demo Day event! wave

I hope to see y'all tomorrow (Saturday 2/9/13) from 10am-3pm at Boat Country adjacent to Dagmar's Marina on the Snohomish River.

The address is 1871 Ross Avenue in Everett, Wa

http://www.boatcountry.com/default.asp

I'm giving away a fishing trip aboard my 28' Stabicraft "Big Red" as well... No purchase necessary!
Just come on down to Boat Country and I'll have discount coupons for the Harbor Marine Salmon Tournament.

Drop off the coupon at Harbor Marine and you're entered to win your choice of:

-Winter chinook fishing out of Everett rockon
-Lingcod fishing in May in Marine Area 9 spy

Let's go for a boat ride and let's go fishing!!! See you at Boat Country at 10am sharp! gears
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Come ride on Big Red...& Little Blue...& The Gray...

Postby kurtmiller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Dang it Nelly I've really been wanting a ride on that baby... considering some different dream boats and just couldn't get the honey do's done. Curious what your wrote to the author of that totally biased article in the Herald last week. You should check out our PSA forum... several of us wrote some scathing emails to her and I guess she responded to a few of them. Mine wasn't one of them. I did hear back from Wayne Kruse, who I cc'd my email. He did respond and agreed and I asked him why he wasn't asked to do the article, I think it would have read a lot differently. Here was my response to her:

You obviously took a narrow minded approach to the new shrimp allocations and printed a pathetic "woe is me" article about one commercial shrimper without researching the overall impact of the new allocation. Your 1 shrimper who may have to adjust the way he does business will affect in a positive way many more people including the state coffers. This has opened up an expanded fishery for thousands of recreational fishers that will now be willing to spend lots of money on pots, pot pullers, baits, licenses, etc., because of more opportunity. Your guy can simply spend the extra gas money and increase the price of his very minimal sales at Everett and Edmonds. Here is something I posted on the Puget Sound Anglers forum in response.

"C'mon dude, spend the extra gas and raise the price of your fresh shrimp. The landlubbers will still buy them and then EVERYBODY can be happy. We get our extra days, he still makes a living, the landlubbers still get fresh shrimp and the state makes oodles of money. What's not to like".

Next time you write such a biased article, you might want to do a bit more research on the subject to find out the overall impact on all the factions involved. The recreational fishers/shrimpers have taken a back seat to the commercials and tribes for years. We finally get a small victory and you make it sound like we are the bad guys.

I dare you to print this!

Kurt Miller
Frustrated fisherman
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Re: Come ride on Big Red...& Little Blue...& The Gray...

Postby Nelly » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 am

Hey Kurt,
Yeah, I wish you could have made it to Boat Country yesterday too.
I must have had 10 or more different folks behind the wheel.

As far as the shrimp article in the Everett Herald, I did write her an email.
While everyone was lighting her up, I took the opposite tack and I've invited her fishing.
I hate to share a limit of prawns but.... For the overall good in this case I will make an exception.
When she sees all the people out there "doin it"...
It will give her another perspective.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements