Anacortes Salmon Derby Tickets Go on Sale

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Anacortes Salmon Derby Tickets Go on Sale

Postby Dash One » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 am

MEDIA CONTACT:
Jay Field
(360) 293-6450
jay@dashonecharters.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Anacortes Salmon Derby Tickets Go On Sale
Over 1000 anglers expected for this year’s event.

ANACORTES, WA (January 28, 2013) – Tickets go on sale on February 1st for the Seventh Annual Anacortes Salmon Derby to be held March 30th & 31st. Only 1,000 tickets will be sold to the public ... so get yours early as they typically sell out in a matter of days, not weeks.

For a $60.00 entry fee, those lucky enough to get a spot will vie for $25,000 in guaranteed purse money with thousands more in merchandise prizes. There are special prize categories for Women, Youth, and Active Military as well. Also included in the ticket price are: Free launching at Cap Sante Marina (bunk trailers OK); three night’s moorage; GAFFF (a free, Friday night fishing film festival); a Saturday night no-host social (with snacks); and a Sunday BBQ lunch.

Hosted by volunteer members of the Fidalgo-San Juan Islands Chapter, this event raises needed funds for scholarships that benefit students pursuing careers in fishery management and related science. Over $163,000 in scholarships and grants have been awarded to date.

Tickets can be purchased at the following outlets: LFS (Bellingham) • Holiday Sports (Burlington) • Ace Hardware (Anacortes & Friday Harbor) • Ted’s Sport Center (Lynwood) • Johns Sporting Goods (Everett) • Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) • SportCo (Fife)

For more information, please go to: http://www.anacortessalmonderby.com

-30-
Dash One
Pollywog

Re: Anacortes Salmon Derby Tickets Go on Sale

Postby king me » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Can't wait. What a great event!!!!
king me
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 am

Looking forward to this one!
The islands have been fishing well since the opener and by mid March... It will be go time!
The Great Anacortes Fishing Film Festival on Friday night will be a hoot as well!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Dan Carney » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 am

Jay, Nelly or...
I was reading the Feb 2013 Reel News and they list all 15 Salmon Derbies in the Northwest Salmon Derby Series. I see that the Anacortes Derby is not listed as one of the events. I thought that in previous years this was part the Derby Series. Am I mistaken, or did something change?
I'm still looking forward to a great event and already have my ticket; but I am just a little surprised.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Dash One » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Dan,
Here's an excerpt from last May's, Reel News President's Message (also posted Jan. 29th on the BD Forum). Please read carefully. Not in a pissing match with anyone ... this was strictly a policy difference. George Harris, President of the NMTA, and myself, had many conversations about this. I respect the man ... and we continue to maintain a good friendship. I urge all you to support the Derby Series.

Look forward to seeing you at the Derby -- Jay

"You may, or may not have heard by now that the Fidalgo-San Juan Islands Chapter-hosted Anacortes Salmon Derby is no longer a participating member in the NW Marine Trade Association’s Salmon Derby Series. There has been an amicable parting of the ways, and, if circumstances change, we would consider returning to the Series at some point in the future. This is where we stand - for now.

Recently, the NMTA’s Salmon Derby Series has made it a requirement for all member derbies to sign a formal agreement which would allow the NMTA to share your private contact information with their sponsors. The Anacortes Salmon Derby’s Board of Directors does understand the mechanics of sponsor relationships and the expectations thereof, but feel we cannot compromise our privacy policy in support of those objectives. Since its inception, the Anacortes Derby has denied requests for the sharing of this data, and feels it incumbent upon us to protect our participants’ contact information. The Anacortes Salmon Derby’s Board of Directors deems it a reasonable expectation of anyone purchasing a ticket that their information not be used without their prior written consent. Their (NMTA's) rule is contrary and in direct opposition to this organization’s policy and procedures, and we cannot abide.

In a related matter, the Anacortes Salmon Derby Board examined our affiliation on a cost/benefit basis and determined that the $1,100 plus in annual membership fees sent to the NMTA Derby Series would be better used in realizing this charitable organization’s mission: keeping the focus on scholarships by maximizing our resources in order to help young adults achieve their educational goals. For this reason, we no longer felt that we were able to fund the Salmon Series’ budget needs.

In the end, we were forced to make some difficult choices. We have enjoyed our relationship with the Series, but regretfully, the Anacortes Salmon Derby has dropped out of the Salmon Derby Series as we were unable to meet the aforementioned terms and conditions for membership. We want to express our thanks to the Salmon Derby Series for their past support and wish them well. Anyone who fished in this year’s Anacortes Salmon Derby is eligible for the Series drawing in Sept. 2012 for the give-away boat."

Postby Fishnut » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am

Can't wait to see the Fidalgo Chapter and Jay put on the world's classiest destination derby again!
See you up there soon!
Fishnut
Pollywog

Postby Salmonhawk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Got my tix today, can't wait!!
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Robbo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 pm

FYI - Just talked to Jay Field and he said there's around 25 tickets left for the Anacortes Salmon Derby and that they will probably close ticket sales tomorrow or Sunday when the final tickets sell out clap
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements