South Puget Sound PSA Salmon Derby Aug 18th!!!

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

South Puget Sound PSA Salmon Derby Aug 18th!!!

Postby Tally Ho » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 am

For Immediate Release

South Sound Puget Sound Anglers Salmon Derby 2012 - August 18th, 2012 at Swantown Marina

OLYMPIA, WA – August - 18, 2012. The South Sound Chapter of Puget Sound Anglers (SSPSA) will be launching the first South Sound Salmon Derby in Marine Area 13 of the Puget Sound. The Derby will be held on Saturday August 18, 2012 and is part of the 2012 NW Salmon Derby Series. The SSPSA has held successful derbies in Hood Canal eleven years running so think of this as an evolution of the old Hood Canal Derby. The membership felt a South Sound Derby in the Olympia / Lacey area is long over due. The prizes for the derby will include cash awards to the first, second, and third place winners. Fourth through tenth place derby contenders also win various fishing tackle and boating products. A free Kids Derby will also be included as part of the event.

This derby will also be held in conjunction with the Wounded Veteran's Fishing Program. If there are anglers out there who wish to host a wounded veteran from Joint Base Lewis McChord, please contact Derby Chairman - Michael Bartoldo.

All participants in the derby will also have a chance to win a fishing boat fully equipped for salmon fishing. Last year’s grand prize 22’ River Hawk Boat winning angler came from our very own Hood Canal Derby. This year’s grand prize is a 21’ River Hawk Boat, a 150hp Mercury 4-stroke and a 9.9 Yamaha kicker with a galvanized trailer and full electronics package. The Derby will conclude with an awards dinner and raffle at the end of the day at Swantown Marina Downtown Olympia. The weigh-in will also be located at Swantown Marina at the end of the first dock. If you would like additional information or are interested in supporting the derby you can contact the Puget Sound Anglers-South Sound Chapter http; // http://www.sschapterpsa.com/ or sspsanewsletter@gmail.com.

But WAIT....there's more....there will also be an "On the Water" Breakfast available in the Budd Inlet area with call in orders available. The breakfast benefits cancer research. You will receive further directions and GPS coordinates for the breakfast when you buy a Derby Ticket......sold at Wholesale Sports, Toms Outboard, West Marine, Cabela's, Sportco, etc.

See Flyers Below for more specifics.

For more information, contact:

Michael Bartoldo Cell: 360-250-9808
Olympia, Wa
mbartoldo@yahoo.com
michael.bartoldo@us.af.mil

Last edited by Tally Ho on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tally Ho
Pollywog

Re: South Puget Sound PSA Salmon Derby Aug 18th!!!

Postby Nelly » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks for posting that Mike!
We're having Terry Rudnick on tomorrow morning to discuss the event!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Tally Ho » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks Tom.

If you need me to discuss any further specifics on the tail end of Terry Rudnicks segment just let me know. I am up all night on base and will be on the cell tomorrow am.

For all other forum viewers.....we have had a few more volunteered seats open up for Wounded Veterans. If anyone else is interested in hosting a wounded vet....it is not too late. Just let me know.
Tally Ho
Pollywog

Postby Tally Ho » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

For semi-current information on fish ranking throughout the day tomorrow during the South Sound Derby visit the NW Salmon Derby Series Facebook page. I will be posting photos and rankings via my smartphone. Good Luck to all!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/NWSalmonDerbySeries
Tally Ho
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tally!
Good luck on the event and we'll be pushing it fotr you in the morning!
Good luck on the Rudnick Fundraiser too, T!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements