Qcove flashers

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Qcove flashers

Postby Brandon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Nelly had a question for you in regards to that flasher once I saw your video. I started using them this summer and ended up selling all my hotspots on craigslist a month later I liked them so much. My question is this. In that harness setup that metal crimp that buts up to that big clear bead on the top part of the harness seems to slide back for time with use. It hasn't happened on all of them just a few. If I dont slide it back up I feel that I loose some of the action on the flasher. Not to mention if I dont slide the crimp back up then that bead buts up against that big ring making it so it wont extend straight out from the top of the flasher. So when I do slide it up it makes some abrasions to the mono and now I have a few harness that I dont think I would use cause Id hate to see them break off. Does that make sense? If not I could take a pic and show you what im talkin about.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Re: Qcove flashers

Postby Nelly » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Yo Brotha Brandon!
I know exactly what you're talking about!

Q: What happens when you stretch a rubber band?
A: The rubber band gains length but loses diameter.

The same thing can happen to monofilament.
Over time, some of the crimps loosen, probably due to the monofilament stretching and losing diameter, causing the crimp to lose it's grip on the monofilament harness.
The solution for me is to carry extra harnesses on my boat and often, I'll take my crimping pliers and give the crimps an extra "mash" prior to their first use.

The bottom line is that it's really your fault Brandon!
If you didn't catch so many fish, you wouldn't be stretching out your QCOVE Breakaway Flasher harnesses in the first place! :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Flasher » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Brandon,

You can always get the crimp back to the right area and put another "minor" pinch in the crimp with a pair of crimpers. Alternatively, you can always call the manufacturer (by the way, that's me :) ) and I can get you a replacement one.

The crimp failure can happen, and as Tom mentioned, mono can thin over time due to stretching.

I will always stand behind my products and have the "Nordstrom" approach to customer satisfaction... call me if you ever need anything or have questions.

Thanks for your continued support!

PM me for my number.

Ken (AKA Flasher)
Flasher
Pollywog

Postby Brandon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks for your help fellas. Flasher, thanks alot man. Heard many stories about QCove with great customer service. That goes along way.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion