Countdown to Las Craigas, Alaska

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Countdown to Las Craigas, Alaska

Postby Robbo » Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Somehow managed to get this truck load of supplies to Northland Tug and Barge in Seattle today without losing any on the freeway :) Loaded up four pallets here at the house in the morning and then stopped by Frontier Packaging to pick up our fish boxes and processing supplies before cruising over to Northland.

northland_barge.jpg
northland_barge.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 5607 times

6 more days until I jump on the jet for Alaska. It'll be a little different flying up this year rather than driving. Nice to get three more days to eat Mexican, Chinese, and Thai food and spend time with the wife :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Countdown to Las Craigas, Alaska

Postby Eddy C » Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey Robo what is involved in an operation like that?
What do you have on that truck?
I know there is more to it than jumpin on the boat and going fishin. :?:
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Postby Robbo » Tue May 17, 2011 5:54 pm

A summer's worth of breakfast and lunch supplies, some dry goods to get Nicole and I thru the summer, fish boxes and misc processing supplies, etc.. Those big rolls on the back are reflective bubble wrap that we use to insulate the boxes that go to the east coast. I load up on the Costco goods so we don't have to pay up the wazzoo in Alaska. Lots of tackle, downriggers, rods, reels, clothes, rain gear, BEER...oh...and a couple half gallons of Pendleton for Bucket, Parker, Stam, and Canyon Man :lol:

I couldn't imagine what the barge looks like to a place like Queen Charlotte Lodge or Waterfall. They probably take up an entire barge!
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby haus_bh » Tue May 17, 2011 6:56 pm

That looks a lot like Hot Rods trip to northland, except his is all supplies to clean his boat with as well as coors light and cases of crown royal for all the fifty plus fish he will catch this year.....see you up ther soon. I will be there on the first, Blake
haus_bh
Pollywog

Postby Boat Nazi » Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Did you pack enough "Hair Product" so you can keep up your "Zoolander" pose all summer? How about a wrist brace, to help with the Dungi Claw?????
The Women of Craig make me look Skinny
Boat Nazi
Pollywog

Postby AkKings » Tue May 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Robbo wrote:I couldn't imagine what the barge looks like to a place like Queen Charlotte Lodge or Waterfall. They probably take up an entire barge!

Actually Rob we get 2 barges, usually 1 in mid April with alot of lumber and other building material, maintaining 100 year old buildings is like painting the Golden Gate bridge, it never ends. Then in early to mid May we get a second barge that has most of our essentials for the season, food, bait (600 cases) booze (multiple pallets, and thats just for the guides ;) ) and other beverages, fish boxes, etc. The 1 year I came up early to do some construction work I got to also unload barges, both times it took about 6-8 hours with 3 forklifts running non stop. We also have fuel barges that come in about every 3 weeks during the season, thats usually a 3-4 hour stop. Its quite a process to see but after 30 years they have a pretty efficient system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLVpKBGP0c
AkKings
Pollywog

Postby Salmonhawk » Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Boat Nazi wrote:Did you pack enough "Hair Product" so you can keep up your "Zoolander" pose all summer!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Mystical Legends » Tue May 17, 2011 8:56 pm

I can only imagine all the work you need to do before heading north..CRAZY! Sounds like your going to be up to your eye balls in fish up there...You need to bring Tom back some eggs for this Fall.
Mystical Legends
Pollywog

Postby cobble cruiser » Tue May 17, 2011 9:19 pm

And here I thought it was alot of work to head north for two weeks in the fall! Sheesh Robbo, you are are a hard workin' and dedicated man! Your wife must be perty darn cool too! :D
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Wed May 18, 2011 1:26 am

I thought you said that truck was full!
Heck, I see lots of room on there!!! You could have packed some extra downrigger balls for me in the cab! :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Next

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion