Area 7 report from 1/8

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Area 7 report from 1/8

Postby elkruser » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:05 am

The wife and I were also out last saturday and it was a stellar winter day. A beautiful sunrise and well as fat tasty Blackmouth in the box.
Tried Guemes channel at first light with no luck so pointed the bow north to Lawrence pt for the the outgoing. As we pull up, there were thousands of birds working it hard! I'm sure there was a big grin on my face at seeing that. A buddy of mine that was there already was in the process of pulling in a fat 14lbr and I just knew it was game-on! Dropped our gear with the standard green flashers and one Army truck coyote 3.5 and a Watermellon Coho Killer. A few passes later, wham, solid takedown, a great fight, several smoking runs and the 16lb keeper is in the box having fell for the Army truck. We get gear back down, make a few more passes and the wifes rod starts going crazy with another great fighting fish! She fights this one like a pro and gets a sweet 14lb keeper to the net. 2 for 2 on gear in the juans! How cool is that?

<tried uploading a pic but got the error msg: "Could not upload attachment to ./files/69_d0ed58ef4a3a7266a0f0bf9ad169e2af.">
elkruser
Pollywog

Re: Area 7 report from 1/8

Postby elkruser » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:48 am

<shameless self promoting post and trying the picture thing again...stil no joy>

Did I really get the first fishing report of the new forum? Sweet!
Last edited by elkruser on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
elkruser
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 am

LOL...trying to talk on the radio while reading your report. Some great action in the San Juans right now and darn nice fish. Were you hitting them down by Sea Acres on the drag towards the point? Either way...good job
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby elkruser » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:36 am

Real close to the point in the swirl created by the outgoing water.
elkruser
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:42 am

Meant to say..."or down by the point". Dangit...wish I was up there fishing today!
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion