Chinook restrictions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Chinook restrictions

Postby kurtmiller » Mon May 25, 2015 2:47 pm

I know we've had our quota reduced in A9 and A10 closed all together but how many fish per day can we retain (fin clipped, of course). WDFW site doesn't really say:

"Anglers fishing Marine Area 10 (Seattle/Bremerton) will see the biggest change this season. The area will be closed to chinook retention as part of an effort to rebuild stocks returning to Lake Washington. However, Marine Area 10 will still be open for coho and pink salmon retention.

Neighboring Marine Area 9 (Admiralty Inlet) will be open the same dates as last year, with anglers allowed to retain hatchery chinook from July 16 through Aug. 15. However, the area could close sooner if the quota of 2,483 fish is met."

It doesn't say retain 1 hatchery chinook ... just says retain hatchery chinook. Well hopefully the regs will be out soon. I get depressed when I think about this carp. :(
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Re: Chinook restrictions

Postby Nelly » Mon May 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Don't let it get you down Dan.
A9 has a two chinook limit so get out there and get yours starting July 16th! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion