Mukillteo Boat Launch Ramp Closed Sept. 5,6 & 7

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Mukillteo Boat Launch Ramp Closed Sept. 5,6 & 7

Postby driftfisher » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

This Friday, Saturday and Sunday the boat launch and parking lot will be closed for the Mukilteo Lighhouse Festival. The launch will reopen on Monday Sept 8. They do this every year at one of the best weekends for local saltwater fishing. This is another reason to let the city know that the launch should be relocated to the north of the current ferry dock. The state is moving the ferry dock north to near the fuel pier.
driftfisher
Pollywog

Re: Mukillteo Boat Launch Ramp Closed Sept. 5,6 & 7

Postby Nelly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:36 am

You said a mouthful D,
To close that ramp for a local festival is a poor decision.
It sure seems that a change in the festival layout could accommodate all involved.
Like anything else, the only way to effect change is to get involved.
My advice would be to hit a local Puget Sound Anglers chapter meeting and ask the group to write a letter to the festival committee.
It's too late for this year obviously but with next years humpy run it would be an even bigger fishing weekend! :shock:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby greenfishnut » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:28 am

Since this ramp is no longer owned by Washington State Parks and is actually owned by the City of Mukilteo they can do as the dang well please and we have no say or choice in the matter-

but again I will never launch there and mine is only 18 feet long-been there and done that and remember when it was the only ramp north of Seattle. Only the sling was in Edmond's was the other option
greenfishnut
Pollywog

Postby driftfisher » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:51 am

The city does own the park but I would not be suprised if they received funding from the state when they replaced one of the floats recently.The WA Boating Facilities Program is funded by gasoline tax that boaters buy. This program pays for projects that acquire, develop and renovate facilities for motorized boats and other watercraft, There will be development of the area north of the present ferry dock and the launch ramp could be relocated to this area. A new launch could be and needs to be made safer than the current location. They need to provide a larger parking area for boat trailers. Since the park was taken over by the city much of former parking has been developed for the park.
driftfisher
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion