Countdown to Costa Rica

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Countdown to Costa Rica

Postby cobble cruiser » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Livin' the dream Robbo. :)
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Postby Robbo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

We went 6 for 12 on the Sunny One today. Lots of fish milling around out there and it seemed like most of the other boats were hooking up pretty good too. Ended the day with a double header on sailfish...Nelly and I landed both of them. Super fun! Back at it again tomorrow :D :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Mingo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 am

Robbo wrote:We went 6 for 12 on the Sunny One today. Lots of fish milling around out there and it seemed like most of the other boats were hooking up pretty good too. Ended the day with a double header on sailfish...Nelly and I landed both of them. Super fun! Back at it again tomorrow :D :D

now THAT'S the way to start off the trip! :shock: :D

keep feeding us reports Robbo...it's 38 degrees outside, your reports help!

Can't wait to hear about the inshore and shore stuff too.............chuck those poppers!
Mingo
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Not as many fish showing today. Ended up going 3 for 6 with Matt Nelson getting his first sailfish, Sonja Tobeck landing a nice sail for their anniversary, and I got lucky and landed a 120 pounder the last 20 minutes of the day. Robbie landed a little dorado that we quickly devoured with wasabi and soy...hocheemamma :)
I got the honor of shoving Matt off the dock at the end of the day to "initiate" him into the billfish club. Georgeous weather and the crew of the Sunny One is just awesome. Christian popped the hood at lunch time and exposed our chow...a lunch of chicken, rice, and potatoes that had been tied to the manifold of the 600 HP diesel and was cooked to perfection. Tonight we're heading into Jaco in our golf carts to hit one of the local din-din joints.

Tobeck and I are getting up bright and squirrely to cast off the rocks tomorrow morning. Hope to find a rooster cruising around. Life is good :D
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Ruckus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Ummmmm ......it was PARTLY sunny here today......life sucks :lol: ! Excuse me while I go jerk the wheel in front of a passing semi truck!
HUNT STRONG.....FISH STRONG.....HUNT STRONG FISH! www.ruckusoutfitters.com
Ruckus
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Just a quick note to back up Robbo's earlier post, here's a shot of "Gringo Grande's" jumbo sail. There's a couple sticks in the way and Tobeck is blocking me out of prime photo-op real estate but you'll get the drift...
IMG_7625.jpg
IMG_7625.jpg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 7499 times

Not to be outdone, Here's a shot of Tobeck's sail doing a pretty good Polaris missle imitation!!!

IMG_7445.jpg
IMG_7445.jpg (20.27 KiB) Viewed 7499 times

The rest of the Billfish Bonanza gang shows up tomorrow and the real fishing begins! Stay tuned and pass the sunscreen!!!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby stam » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Happy for you Hobo's, sounds like it's warmer and funner there than here, keep up the good work.

Roosters from the rocks, I'd skip out on the boat rides to make that happen! ... I got ten bucks says Robbo can cast farther than Robbie ;)
model citizen....zero discipline
stam
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:42 am

Nick Kester, his girlfriend Kathia, and I survived a night in Jaco in our golf cart last night. Three people in a two seat golf cart. Jaco is about 12 kilometers away on the freeway, lots of big trucks, anorexic cows, etc......etc :D :D Still laughing when I woke up this morning.

No fish this morning for us, but found a good lookin spot in the process. Kind of like deer hunting...they're always on the "next ridge over" :D
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Nelly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Ask Robbo and Nick about "Ol' gray pubes" sometime... A new classic rivaling the "Jimmy" story.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Bucket » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:37 am

Nelly wrote:Ask Robbo and Nick about "Ol' gray pubes" sometime... A new classic rivaling the "Jimmy" story.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it everytime Robbo goes outa town there's a "story"? :shock:
Bucket
Pecker Trout

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion