Bass Fishing

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Bass Fishing

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 am

Fired up about Bass fishing after this mornings show. Bass fishing is perfect for a guy like me: I can ride my bike to the local fishing hole - for me the N. End of Lake WA. I can fish from shore or the dock. I can use my float tube or my canoe. I also like that I can switch to perch or cutthroat or drop a pot for crayfish later in the year.

Not sure why I haven't been attracted to Bass - maybe its the scales? :) Maybe its the fact that when I was a kid my bro caught a huge Bass and my mom cooked it up by frying it:( Yuck, I'm not even sure she removed the scales:) I like to eat what I catch so I've never been much of a bass, perch, etc fisherman since. Now that I'm older, I think I could probably tunr a big Bass into something tasty.
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Re: Bass Fishing

Postby Salmonhawk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Although I'm a catch and release guy for bass I ate them growing up and always enjoyed it. I have been a salt guy first and foremost but I find myself wanting to spend more and more time on Lake Wa. The variety that the lake offers is awesome.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Re: Bass Fishing

Postby Dan Carney » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 am

BothellBikeGuy wrote:Fired up about Bass fishing after this mornings show. Bass fishing is perfect for a guy like me: I can ride my bike to the local fishing hole - for me the N. End of Lake WA. I can fish from shore or the dock. I can use my float tube or my canoe. I also like that I can switch to perch or cutthroat or drop a pot for crayfish later in the year.

Not sure why I haven't been attracted to Bass - maybe its the scales? :) Maybe its the fact that when I was a kid my bro caught a huge Bass and my mom cooked it up by frying it:( Yuck, I'm not even sure she removed the scales:) I like to eat what I catch so I've never been much of a bass, perch, etc fisherman since. Now that I'm older, I think I could probably tunr a big Bass into something tasty.

Bass are terrific to eat. The best way to clean them is to fillet them (cut off the skin and bones) dip them in beer batter and fry them. They are good baked also. I don't catch many bass around here, but make a couple trips each year tot he Snake and Columbia each year where I load up on them.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion