Imitation...

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Imitation...

Postby Nelly » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 pm

The sincerest form of flattery? Yeah, but imitation is also the best way I know of to catch fish...and become a better fisherman!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Imitation...

Postby Rock Dog » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Well I've about done every thing but paint the boat red,and have yet to hook a keeper this year. bangheadwall
Rock Dog
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 am

Believe me RD,
It ain't the paint....
If you've been fishin you're usual and accustomed San Juan Island stomping grounds it's been a very tough year up there. Heck, even some of the A7 charter guys have been running trips in A9!

You have to fish where there are fish but, take heart...There is life in A7 and August could potentially go off in the scenic San Juans!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Rock Dog » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 pm

I've only made two trips to the Juans this year,my main ground is Admirilty Inlet out of Keystone,orMA8-2.The biggest problem is just getting out more,lost my fishing buddy to cancer on July first and just can't make it out as often.Went out on the third fished both sides of the inlet got nothing but shakers and sharks. But I will say your downrigger tips have made life so much easier,the bite will come back as soon as the moon leaves. thumbup
Rock Dog
Pollywog

Postby Brandon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 am

Hey Rock. Sorry to hear about your buddy dude. If you can launch at Keystone your in the ball park man. Head to midchannel and fish with the tide. Fish the bottom the entire time and match the hatch. Coho Killers or needle fish. You will wackem. Today was pretty dang good out that way.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion