fish question??

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

fish question??

Postby Eddy C » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 am

While listening to Outdoor Line on my computer Sat. morning I was on another internet site. I confess to only half paying attention :oops: Robo started talking about a small fish 18 to 24" available in the sound from the beach and on top of the bar sometimes. What is it? I missed it? Resident coho?
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Re: fish question??

Postby Robbo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

Resident coho's in the South Sound Eddy. They aren't as plentiful as they used to be, but there's still enough of them around in the Narrows, around Fox Island, and around Manchester to provide for some good sport. We used to troll small Hot Shot's out of the skiff until we either caught a couple or saw them jumping and then we would stop and cast Buzz Bombs into the school and yard out some more. A chrome painted Buzz Bomb seemed to do the trick then (80's/early 90's). Nowadays they make some killer holographic Buzz Bombs and Zingers that give off a lot of flash. The fly guys down here catch a lot of them off the beaches around Gig Harbor. Sounds like they come in on Possession later in the winter. There you go...something sort of new :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion