Not in my backyard...?

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Not in my backyard...?

Postby honeybadger » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 am

Looks like eddy c looking for a fishing report
honeybadger
Pollywog

Postby Brandon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:49 pm

honeybadger wrote:This goes for all of you. Learn how to be a fisherman by doing. Quit relying on others to find your fish. Bunch of people who don't put their time in and watch for the latest internt report to put fish in the freezer.

Thanks for the advice bud. Make sure you go tell Salmon U, Pisc Pursuits, Gamefishin, Ifish, Bloodydecks, and Salt Patrol the same thing. I better go put more time in this weekend.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Postby Omega3 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Rob (Tobeck), heard your take on this that you want to promote fishing to have more people out there to fight the fight such as the whale issue with NOAA, but I think in this instance you might be wrong. I attended all but one of the NOAA meetings where they proposed shutting down the W. side of San Juans. In every meeting NOAA's biggest issue was that there was too much recreational traffic on the W. side. My question is why would you guys want to promote this area as the place to be to catch a trophy king and then say you do this to because having more people on the water will allow us to have more numbers to fight back? I think this theory is good for a lot of issues that are out there but not the W. side of San Juan. The boat traffic is insane and the people fishing the W. side is 10 times what it normally is and the radio hype might be a contributing factor. Larry Carpenter of all people should know this as he has organized a group to fight NOAA on this issue, which I contributed a good amount of money. I could not believe my ears when I heard him giving detail after detail. I have heard from a lot of people from the island and who fish this area on a regular basis who are furious that Larry came on and did this.

Tom/Rob how often do you fish the W. side to act like this is not a big deal? I fish there a lot and have never seen you guys out there once. Easy to give details on a fishery you don't fish, where your not impacted by you creating crowds.

Rob, more traffic is going to give NOAA more ammunition. I really don't see your reasoning of hyping up the W. side of San Juans to create more boat traffic. I understand your theory for other fights but not this one. Would love to hear your reasoning.
Omega3
Pollywog

Postby honeybadger » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:12 pm

On that note. You non believers who feel bashing another fisherman will make you feel better about yourselves. Think of what is being protected not a spot that people grind out fish but a spot on the chopping block. Then rummage thru your book of comebacks and figure out a good one. Nascarich you haven't a clue eddyc same thing. Outdoor line is cool and does alot for fisheries but leave this one alone. Don't wanna own the fishery just want to keep it. You guys trash talking will see me soon in person and then you can voice your opinion
Mine will be the same face on. Good luck.
honeybadger
Pollywog

Postby Dan Carney » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 pm

I finally got out to Eagle point. Not my choice, but the guy whose boat I was on really wanted to go. There has been some great discussion on the environmental impact of promoting this fishery; however, it seams to me that the commercial nets have a greater impact on salmon/whales than dragging a few downriggers through the water. Wed afternoon I saw at least 10 commercial boats at Eagle Point. One of them even navigated right through a pod of whales. While we stopped all motors and pulled our gear when the whales got close, this commercial vessel steamed right on through. There has been a lot of discussion here, but actions speak louder than words. Ethical sportsmen are the consummate conservationists; otherwise there is no sport!
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Eddy C » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:04 am

You guys trash talking will see me soon in person and then you can voice your opinion
Mine will be the same face on.

Stop it you're scarin me. I'm old and I have a condition.
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Postby Salmonhawk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:39 am

Omega3 wrote:Rob (Tobeck), heard your take on this that you want to promote fishing to have more people out there to fight the fight such as the whale issue with NOAA, but I think in this instance you might be wrong. I attended all but one of the NOAA meetings where they proposed shutting down the W. side of San Juans. In every meeting NOAA's biggest issue was that there was too much recreational traffic on the W. side. My question is why would you guys want to promote this area as the place to be to catch a trophy king and then say you do this to because having more people on the water will allow us to have more numbers to fight back? I think this theory is good for a lot of issues that are out there but not the W. side of San Juan. The boat traffic is insane and the people fishing the W. side is 10 times what it normally is and the radio hype might be a contributing factor. Larry Carpenter of all people should know this as he has organized a group to fight NOAA on this issue, which I contributed a good amount of money. I could not believe my ears when I heard him giving detail after detail. I have heard from a lot of people from the island and who fish this area on a regular basis who are furious that Larry came on and did this.

Tom/Rob how often do you fish the W. side to act like this is not a big deal? I fish there a lot and have never seen you guys out there once. Easy to give details on a fishery you don't fish, where your not impacted by you creating crowds.

Rob, more traffic is going to give NOAA more ammunition. I really don't see your reasoning of hyping up the W. side of San Juans to create more boat traffic. I understand your theory for other fights but not this one. Would love to hear your reasoning.

My reasoning is what I stated both on the show and on my first post in this thread. I understand the frustrations and the differences of opinion. Nelly put this up for us to think about and discuss and there are obviously two schools of thought here. In the future, we will consider the viewpoints that have been expressed and may or may not come to a different descision when talking about a fishery. We always listen to suggestions and try to get better and will continue to do so.

One thing is for certain, we appreciate everyone that listens to our show or comments on these forums.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Eddy C » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Here is a link from bloody decks http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/washin ... kings.html
It appears that Tom, Robbie, and Larry let the cat out of the bag. One of them sneaky
bloodydecker dudes snuck into the top secret hole. Known only to me and honeybadger . No tellin who knows about this now. Thank goodness they didn't know how to fish and were using downriggers, or they might have really done some damage to the run. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am editing this I remembered Robbie wasn't there he was on vacation. See I listen; just old and forgetful.
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Postby nascarrich60-1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Where is the "JUSTICE in ONES OWN BACKYARD"! Just part of the NEIGHBORHOOD!
nascarrich60-1
Pollywog

Postby Omega3 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:41 am

Eddy C nothing better to do than post a report from last week from another website, fishing must be slow for you on the islnd? I am sure you're drooling thinking about the next pic of a pink or 22inch bmouth that NascarRich is going to post on every board on the internet. You won't have to wait long because I am sure it is coming soon enough.
Omega3
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion