Who's the Best Fisherman?

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Who's the Best Fisherman?

Postby Boat Nazi » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:13 pm

The Best in SE Alaska is Sleazy Lee, Robbo learned everything from him. I was a close second before retirement. If Robbo doesn't get his act together and claim the top spot I might pull a Favre and make another run at the title. Blake, you are the best Bartender on the Docks, that is after you raid my Booze locker.
The Women of Craig make me look Skinny
Boat Nazi
Pollywog

Re: Who's the Best Fisherman?r

Postby haus_bh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 am

Its hard having to fish out there all day with guys like u, sleazy, and rob. A guy need a good drink at the end of the day, or two......
haus_bh
Pollywog

Postby Smalma » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 am

Marc -
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like the rest of us are fishing for second place!

That said over the years I have managed to stumble into a nice fish or two. Have taken respectable examples of Chinook, coho, chum, pinks, browns ,rainbows, steelhead, cutthroat, sea-run cutthroat, bull trout (aka Dollies) and even ling cod on flies. While my fly casting is not picture prefect I do manage to hit the water most of the time and can usually manage to keep my hook wet when fishing with gear. Am comfortable fishing with downriggers whether pounding the bottom for blackmouth/Chinook or precision trolling for kokanee/sockeye, and cut and spin a herring adequately enough to fool a Chinook now and then. Have a reasonably well stocked bass tackle box and can usually fish all the standard presentations with catch too many docks and have managed to boat a nice spiny ray or two.

I agree with Dan in that our best fishers is the guy that has mastered a wide range of techniques/species. With the huge variety of fishing avialalbe in this State we have some very good angler I enjoy my fishing and consider myself a fairly eclectic angler though hardly a master of any method. However this old dog tries to add a trick or two my fishing arsenal every season and if I live long enough might even master something.

Tight lines
Curt
Smalma
Biologist Emeritus

Postby Dan Carney » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 am

[quote="Robbo"]I didn't see carp on your list of species Dan rofl rofl

Robbo, Touché. I'm surprised you remembered. I suppose I could catch Carp; I know some good places where they really stack up on the Snake. I still don't see why anyone would prefer to catch them when there are so many wonderful target species available in this state.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Robbo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 am

I have all the faith in the world that you can catch a 40 pound carp on a size 10 Parachute Adams on your 8 weight Dan rofl
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Jadeo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I would say that it is a tie between Jerremy Wade , and any of the guys that you see in Central America with line scars on their backs because they catch world class Roosters on handlines those boys carry downrigger weights in their cuttoffs.
Jadeo
Pecker Trout

Postby Marc Marcantonio » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Curt, thanks for the welcome.

ciao,
Marc Marcantonio
Last edited by Marc Marcantonio on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Marcantonio
Pollywog

Postby Ray G » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:57 am

I think we should start a new topic called WHO THINKS THEY ARE THE BEST FISHERMAN?. :D
Ray G
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 am

Man...I guess I had better not joke around with Joe anymore. When I'm grinning from ear to ear it usually means I'm dead serious :lol:
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Marc Marcantonio » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Sometimes Robbo methinks that grin is the only thing between your ears!
When you joke around Joe, the whole world is going to know; they just won't know you were joking; Joe likes to stir the pot!
ciao,
Marc
Last edited by Marc Marcantonio on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Marcantonio
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion