Steelhead & Clams

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Steelhead & Clams

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to plan a cast and dig for the 22nd. Can anyone recommend a good steelhead river and bank access that is close to one of the clamming beaches on the 22nd of December?

The closest combo I can see is the Hoh river and Mocrocks. If you know of a better river near the clamming beaches then I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jeff
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Re: Steelhead & Clams

Postby Eli » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

The bogi is about 15 mins from the hoh and should have better fishing
Eli
Pecker Trout

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks, I fianlly found my Washington Atlas and found some more rivers. The Humptulips is the closest to the open clamming beaches. Anyone ever fished that river and have recommendations? So many rivers and so little time:)
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Postby Mystical Legends » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 pm

I was gonna say....

Look for the hatchery at Stevens Creek.(off Kirkpatrick rd.) Depending on water you will want to either fish the river or if the water in the river is high and brown the creek itself (which should stay clear) will have fish in it above or below the deadline. A small area but jigs and floats work well here as well as just a small shrimp tail by itself if the water is clear..caught many fish out of this area and there are some nice ones NOW...
Mystical Legends
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:06 pm

The Hump is a great call!
The one ( ...and only, I'm sad to admit) time I did a Razor/Steelie drill was on the Hump and then we went to Klaloch if I remember....
I do remember the dinner that night...Wow! drool
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks for the specifics! Small focus areas are good so I don't spend all day driving around - I just want to get out and fish (any river ) and catch a Steelhead.

We stayed at the Klaloch lodge in the cabins one weekend. Very cook place from what I remember, but unfortunately, this was before I knew about clams:)
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion