Methow River Help

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Methow River Help

Postby Brandon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Im thinkin about headin over to hang with the brother this weekend and I kinda wanna see what this Methow river is about. From what I understand its a float and jig operation? Is the run still going on or am I to late? Not lookin for honey holes just tryin to figure out what part of the run to fish. Any help would be much appreciated....
Brandon
Metalhawg

Re: Methow River Help

Postby Ray G » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:12 am

Brandon,
The Methow is a great late fall summer-run fishery. I too will be headed over this weekend.
I tend to spend most of my time fishing with in 10 miles of the mouth. It seems that these fish are a little more aggressive than the fish upstream. The biggest thing you will have to battle is water clarity. The water is super clear and the fish can spook very easily. I tend to wear neutral colors and some good polarized sunglasses. As you walk the stream look for spawning kings and fish directly below them. The Steelhead will sit below the kings and pick up the loose eggs that don't make it into the rocks. A well placed jig will lite em' up!

If you are on the river Sunday watch out for a big guy with a 14' center-pin and a mess of line in the rocks.

Good luck,
Ray G
Ray G
Pollywog

Re: Methow River Help

Postby Brandon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for your help man. Lookin at google maps it looks like there is a lot of access off the road to fish. Maybe ill run into you out there this weekend.

Brandon
Brandon
Metalhawg

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion