Rockin' the Shore Lunch!

A general cooking, smoking, barbecuing, and recipes forum on what to do with the catch once it's home.Image

Rockin' the Shore Lunch!

Postby Robbo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Rockin' the Shore Lunch!

Postby Smalma » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:46 am

When is lunch!!!

A favorite of mine when treating friends on the river during some of the raw days that are common during steelhead/salmon seasons was a soup stop. I would pre-cook a pot of soup (clam chowder, beef stew, chilli etc were always a hit). A quick stop on a nice gravel bar to allow folks to stretch their legs while I heated the soup, slice the fresh french bread, and pour the beverage of choice always seem to be a welcomed break. Something about being able to wrap one's cold hands a warm bowl of soup, getting warm food in the stomach and that stretch break that seems to re-engerize folks for the afternoon fishing.

During the nice weather a favorite quick lunch was smoked fish (nearly always kokanee), cheese, crackers, apple slices and beverage of choice (Alaska Amber is a favorite).

A "shore lunch" also makes a great tail gate lunch while hunting..

Surprising how often it is the lunch that is remember or talked about rather than the fishing/hunting.

Tight lines
Curt
Smalma
Biologist Emeritus

Re: Rockin' the Shore Lunch!

Postby Robbo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 am

That's a great one too Smalm-ster. Nothing like a warm bowl of chowder, soup, or chili to help make it thru a freezing ass cold day of steelhead fishing. That's a good one in the duck blind too. Making me hungry :)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to The Outdoor Line Bar and Grill