Turkey Breakfast Sausage

A general cooking, smoking, barbecuing, and recipes forum on what to do with the catch once it's home.Image

Turkey Breakfast Sausage

Postby Bear » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm

I’ve been messing around with a ground turkey breakfast sausage recipe for awhile. This is one of several recipes that ended up on the keeper list. I like it a little hotter than this recipe but the rest of the family prefers this milder version. I’ll press a few red pepper flakes into mine before cooking. I’ve also tried it with ½ cup ground or fine chopped dried apples which gives it a bit of a different flavor. Mess around with it and report back or better yet, post your recipe and I’ll try it.

Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey
1 slightly heaping teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/8 heaping teaspoon (or more) cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground marjoram
1 very small pinch ground clove
1 ½ teaspoons (or more) real maple syrup (optional)
1 well beaten egg (optional)
2 teaspoons olive oil or a pat of butter

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix spices, add well beaten egg and syrup and blend completely
2. Place ground turkey in a large bowl and add the spice/egg mixture; mix well and form into small, thin patties
3. Sauté the patties in olive oil or butter over medium heat until no longer pink in center; do not over cook
Note: this is good the day it’s mixed, but if you keep it in the fridge over night it’s better; especially if you are using dried apples.
Bear
Pollywog

Re: Turkey Breakfast Sausage

Postby Robbo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 pm

We'll have to try that one Bear. The wife is trying to lean me down a little this winter.
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to The Outdoor Line Bar and Grill