Puget Sound to Skagway AK in a 29' Pilothouse

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Puget Sound to Skagway AK in a 29' Pilothouse

Postby cobble cruiser » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Guy and Elsie Anttila purchased a 29' SS Offshore Pilothouse from us earlier this year. They flew down from a small town in northern B.C. called Atlin and we went out on Lake Washington for a few hours going over all of the operations of the boat. After that Glen dropped them and the boat off at the nearest launch in Puget Sound and they went on to run the boat all the way up to Skagway Alaska. What an adventure!!! Here are some pictures from their trip!

Here is a letter from the Antilas:

Hope everything’s well:
We had a great trip cruising the B.C. and AK coast to Skagway and eventually into Atlin Lake.
The trailer was waiting for us in Skagway when we arrived and the boat was on it and out of the water one hour later. The road trip to Atlin B.C. only took 4.5 hrs.
We spent 15 days total travelling, fishing and exploring. The first 2 days of the travel was nice and sunny.
We entered Ak in rain and fog and we did not see the sun until we were on the road to Atlin.
The furnace and oil stove/heater was appreciated to keep the dampness out of the boat
Included are some pictures of our cruise. We highly recommend it!!!!.
Guy & Elsie
Wooldridge 29’ SS Offshore Pilothouse
Attachments
Juneau Harbour AK el.jpg
Juneau Harbour AK el.jpg (18.32 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Icy Straights el.jpg
Icy Straights el.jpg (17.5 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Fly Fishing ws.jpg
Fly Fishing ws.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
First ancorage ws.jpg
First ancorage ws.jpg (27.88 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Enroute el.jpg
Enroute el.jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Bridge between Juneau & Douglas Isl. el.jpg
Bridge between Juneau & Douglas Isl. el.jpg (11.65 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Atlin Lake ws.jpg
Atlin Lake ws.jpg (29.87 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Atlin Lake -Lake Trout el.jpg
Atlin Lake -Lake Trout el.jpg (14.84 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Re: Puget Sound to Skagway AK in a Wooldridge 29' SS Pilotho

Postby Robbo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Looks like they had a great time CC. One of these days I'm gonna make that run in my boat. Just talked to Vedder...sounded like an epic trip for you guys up there too man :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby cobble cruiser » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 am

Robbo- I have always wanted to cruise up to Alaska via a comfortable craft like theirs. Then ofcourse unload the zodiac with jet pump from the roof top and explore any and every stelhead looking river I choose. ;) They absolutely love their new boat and they are sending us more pics so I will post them up when I get them!

Dave, my wife and I had an awesome time up north. When I get some of the photos back from him I'll put up a post here! He captured some incredible images of the landscape, giant fishies and good comeraderie. :D
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Postby cobble cruiser » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

Here is a few more pictures from Atlin Lake (Guy and Elsie's home) and a letter to us!

Hello Glen & Grant:
Hope All Is Well With You!
We have had some beautiful late season boating conditions so we've been making the most of it as the pictures show.
We now have logged 2500 miles on the Pilot House and we've had some unforgetable days on the water.
We often remind ourselves; what a good choice we made back in December 2010 when we flew down to Seattle and ordered the 29 footer.
As you may presume we went through all kinds of weather on the Seattle-Skagway cruise: the boat came through in flying colors on the ocean trip and we appreciate the agility when getting into tight coves and beaches.
The bow ladder gets used a lot.
Stop by for a cup of coffee sometime.
Guy & Elsie
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Return to Boat Owners Forum