Safety Inspection on my Boat.

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Safety Inspection on my Boat.

Postby Ray G » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 am

I was at the Sultan boat launch this weekend and was checked by a Game Warden. He did the standard license procedure and he was on his way when I asked if he could do a voluntary inspection on my boat. He was a little surprised and very happy to do the inspection. I did not know that the Wardens have the State Parks safety stickers and the official inspection forms with them. I passed with flying colors and have the sticker on the side of my boat. Hopefully this will reduce the odds of me being inspected this summer while fishing on the puget sound.

The inspection took about 15 minutes, here are some of the items he looked for:

CO2 sticker
Registration
WN numbers
Fire Extinguisher
Type IV throw-able flotation device
Type II lifejackets for all on board
Flare Kit
Noise making device (horn / whistle)
Nav Lights
Boaters Registration Card
Muscles attached to my hull
Grass on my trailer
Last edited by Ray G on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray G
Pollywog

Re: Safety Inspection on my Boat.

Postby Nelly » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks Ray and that's a great heads up!

I too was safety checked by the Everett Police Dept at the 10th St. Ramp on Saturday. While I had all the safety equipment, I did have a flare kit that was one month out of date.

Fairly common among his checks that day and another reminder: Fire extinguishers and flare kits have "expiration" dates. Make sure your safety gear is good to go! 8-)
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Boat Owners Forum