Best thing I have added to my boat in years!

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Best thing I have added to my boat in years!

Postby baddawg » Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 pm

This spring I added a TrollMaster Pro 2 to my kicker motor. My honda 8hp has run like a champ for several years, but the trottle control left a lot to be desired. It was tough to get to the speed I wanted and keep it there, and the minute the wind or currents changed it was back to the back of the boat and try to get it right again. It also tended to slow when the trottle twist handle would slip a little due to the vibration of the engine. I finally broke down and bought the Pro 2, dont have the cash for a TR1, and installed it. Install was pretty easy, and I did have to buy a couple of servo power extensions from the hobby store since I take my kicker off and store in the garage. Have used it a couple of times now and it is fantastic! Very fine adjustment, the throttle holds speed and the instant idle when you get a fish is nice. This combined with the EZ steer I already had makes running the kicker a breeze while sitting on my fat butt at the helm.
baddawg
Pollywog

Re: Best thing I have added to my boat in years!

Postby Nelly » Sat May 28, 2011 4:59 am

I feel ya DaWg!

Before I acquired my TR-1 addiction, I ran the same configuration as you with the EZ-Steer ( a great product made in Everett, WA by the way) and the TrollMaster.

The fine throttle control is great and the ability to get away from the transom from time to time and still have boct control is huge!

Watch those servo extensions for corrosion and you'll be in business! Good job!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Boat Owners Forum