Lowrance GPS freezing

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Lowrance GPS freezing

Postby Twhite » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:17 pm

I am hoping for some help with an issue that came up today. Several times today my GPS screen would freeze up. I had no satellite connection issues as I was still getting SOG readings but no trails and the cursor would simply stop moving. This is where it gets really weird, it only happened when I was on my kicker. When I would pull up and run back up current to start another troll, the GPS worked fine. Back on the kicker and screen would freeze again. Makes no sense to me at all. Units are HDS 9 and HDS 7 Ethernet cabled together. Anybody have any ideas?
Twhite
Pollywog

Re: Lowrance GPS freezing

Postby onwhiskeycreek » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:18 pm

If you are using two batteries with an ACR you maybe getting low voltage to your house or electronics battery. Your main engine will start with the engine battery and recharge your house battery while you are running back. Check the voltage on your GPS, my Garmin units will do strange things when it start to run down the house battery. This usually happens to me if we spend a lot of time on the kicker mooching and are not using the main engine. Just something to check, let us know what you find.
Gary
onwhiskeycreek
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum