Rigging Table

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Rigging Table

Postby PST9 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:03 am

Hey folks, I'm thinking about putting a rigging table on my fathers boat. Looking through previous posts it looks like 3 Rivers Marine makes a pretty nice one. I also like the one on Tom Nelson's Great White, seen in the latest halibut video. I'd like to have room to use it for filleting, if possible. Does anyone have any advice on design or manufacturers that make a nice product? Thanks!
PST9
Pollywog

Re: Rigging Table

Postby Nelly » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:59 am

Hey P,
Three Rivers Marine is currently making the best rigging/filet table on the market.
Paul and the the fab shop gang over there will measure your transom and custom build one to suit your needs
They are extremely well thought out with a powder coated aluminum base and the Star-board cutting surface.
I will post a pic of mine ASAP but its just perfect! 8-)
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby PST9 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks for the reply Nelly. I wasn't sure if yours was from three rivers marine or not. The only other ones out there I've seen that looked comparable to three rivers marine were from millers marine products. Any idea what I might pay for one from three rivers? The boat is a Kingfisher 25.
PST9
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:43 am

Miller makes a great product as well, but I'm not sure if they make a powder coated aluminum base and that was important to me because of the height I needed.
The table had to be high enough to access the transom fish box just underneath the table.
You are asking a lot from UHMW plastic (star board/cutting board material) if you require it to be structural.
Over time it will flex and degrade and you don't need to have a table break as you are throwing a big fish on it.
As far as pricing is concerned, you'll have to ask the guys at TRM about your specific application.
Good luck!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby PST9 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks again Nelly! I never thought about the structural aspect, makes a lot of sense to beef it up and not worry about overloading the table. Plus, I would also need clearance to have access to the transom fish box and probably wouldn't have that with the miller table. Thank you, just the helpful information I needed!
PST9
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum