Navionics Cards

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Navionics Cards

Postby Bait Ball » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:20 am

I am seeking information on the use of Navionics map chips for Lowrance HDS touch. I am new to Lowrance as I always used Garmin in the past. I fish Puget Sound and occasionally off the west coast of Vancouver Island. Ucluelet/Tofino. I found this chip: 913P Platinum Plus Vancouver Island. Looks like it covers both areas. I am wondering if anyone already has it and if it is something you would recommend. Thanks in advance.
Bait Ball
Pollywog

Re: Navionics Cards

Postby Nelly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Hey BB,
Welcome to the Lowrance side of things! I'm confident that your experiences with the new electronics will be as positive, productive, easy and effective as mine and Robbo's have been. thumbup

I have a couple comments about Navionics Platinum chips:

First off, here's the coverage of the 913P Navionics card and it sure looks like it's got you covered!
aNav913.jpg
aNav913.jpg (6.91 KiB) Viewed 5443 times

Secondly, you may -or may not- like the Platinum shading on your chartplotter. Be aware that you can get into the CHART MENU and "uncheck" the SHADING box. Your plotter will then look like a traditional printed chart.

Please let us know how you like your new gear and if you have any other questions!
Good luck cheers cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Robbo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:13 pm

You'll really like the Navionics map but I prefer the Gold card over the Platinum card. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time reading the Platinum card when I'm cruising, especially in tight channels. Like Nelly said you might be able to turn off the Platinum feature, however, and just run on the straight chart. That's my preference...and my .02 ;)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby t_dub » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 am

x3. turn off the shading.

also found the navionics chart/depth info to be a lot more accurate than the nautic insight stuff
t_dub
Pecker Trout

Return to Boat Owners Forum