Arima Repower

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Arima Repower

Postby Maury » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 am

Happy New year everyone!
I have an Arima Sea Ranger 19 with an '03 Honda 90 and I am contemplating a repower to either a new Honda 115 or an E-Tec 115. I have reviewed stats on both and like what I see but I don't seem to find any reviews on the E-Tec in the salt environment. (I fish Puget Sound, Neah Bay and Westport .. and local lakes too) Any insight from you guys would be appreciated as I hope to find a good deal at the Seattle boat show.
Thanks,
Maury
Maury
Pollywog

Re: Arima Repower

Postby Nelly » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Hey Maury,
Thanks for livening up our Boaters Forum this morning!

First off, I've always admired the Arima brand of boats. There is a very happy, contented group of owners out there which speaks to Arima's quality, durability and economy.

You've got a solid boat that's comfortable and I'm excited for you to experience your ride with fresh power!

Now you may be aware that I'm an Evinrude guy and you can probably guess what engine I will recommend... But, my answer may surprise you.

If you can re-use your existing controls and gauges, then you'll save money sticking with your current brand.

If not, or, if you're looking for an instrumentation upgrade, then there is no measurable statistic or specification that your current brand can honestly claim will surpass the Evinrude E-Tec.

Weight on your transom is a major consideration as is maintenance cost and downtime.

Evinrude: $pend le$$ and spend more time on the water. thumbup

Come see me at the Seattle Boat Show and I will "show" you what I mean! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Maury » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Thanks Nelly, I'll see you there.

I see that plenty of people are reading the forum, is there anybody out there that has an E-tec on an Arima that can give me their opinion as well?

thanks
Maury
Pollywog

Postby mrsea » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:53 am

I have a 19' Searanger with a 115 e-tec and I love it! Up on plane in no time. Starts first time every time. Hope I'm not too late with this reply. If you go with the e-tec you wont regret it.
mrsea
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum