I WANT THIS

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

I WANT THIS

Postby Shaft » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey guys do you know of anyone around the Tacoma are you might recommend to put an addition on my O/S bracket just like this?? Thanks in advance
Attachments
swim step.jpg
swim step.jpg (156.24 KiB) Viewed 5961 times
Shaft
Pollywog

Re: I WANT THIS

Postby Nelly » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:59 am

Yeah dude, I hear you...
I was absolutely thrilled to see that my Weldcraft came with a full swim step.
A full width platform out back adds deck space for you and at the very least gives you storage options like coolers or kicker fuel tanks.
I cannot honestly recommend a better custom marine accessory or custom fab shop than Three River Marine because there is nobody better.
However, the modification you're considering looks very straightforward and you should be able to get some local, Tacoma options by googling Tacoma aluminum fabrication.
Good luck and happy swim-stepping!!! rockon
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Shaft » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:48 am

so your kicker is obviously on your bracket as well? Now, do you like it that way or is it hard to use the tiller, raise/lower? and do you get any drag when you take off with your main motor? I would like to possibly move mine off the transom if i can?
Shaft
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Here's a picture that shows how my kicker is mounted on the back of my O/S. It works perfectly. I don't know of anyone in the Tacoma area that does quality fab work. I'm with Nelly...drag it up to Three Rivers Marine and let those guys work on it. They can make anything and everything in their fab shop thumbup
north_river.jpg
north_river.jpg (98.37 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Sharkey45 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

I agree with Nelly & Robbo. 3 Rivers is tough to beat when it comes to boat adds. Those guys are fishermen also so they know what works and what doesn't. Good luck.
Sharkey45
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum