Kicker motor Control

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Kicker motor Control

Postby Rock » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Well...

I have a little question for ya Nelly. I have seen you driving your boat with a lanyard on the videos section. I am interested.

I have heard a little about this and from what I have heard it is called i-pilot. But I don't know much was wondering if you could give me a run down or point me in the right direction. I started looking myself but a lot of electric motor co pilot for minn kota was coming up and I am looking for the internal combustion type. I knew asking here would be a great time saver.

Rock
Rock
Pecker Trout

Re: Kicker motor Control

Postby Nelly » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Boy! You don't miss much do ya Rock!
The control you see on that neck lanyard is the wireless control for my TR-1 Autopilot.
I've been using TR-1's for several years now and I'm to the point that I would have to learn to fish all over again without it!

For the speeds, distances and time we troll, electric trolling motors are just not practical.

While the TR-1's are not inexpensive, the labor-saving aspect of these units are well worth it!

Check 'em out at Portland Marine Electronics! Ask for Todd Carver and tell 'em Nelly sent ya!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Boat Owners Forum