NEW HAWG QUEST BOAT

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

NEW HAWG QUEST BOAT

Postby Captain Morgan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Have you seen it yet?
If you did not make it to the Washington Sportsman's Show in Puyallup for the Un-veiling.
Here is a link to the build.
http://wooldridgeboats.com/
Click on the "Whats Happening" section, top right side of page.

Sneak peak!
HQ4 c.JPG
HQ4 c.JPG (201.78 KiB) Viewed 10854 times
Captain Morgan
Pollywog

Re: NEW HAWG QUEST BOAT

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm

That is one SWEET RIDE!!!! :shock:
When I got to see it at the Puyallup, I was immediately impressed with the finish work and fish-friendly features!
Under-floor rod lockers, Plano box cabinets, hidden wiring downrigger mounts...Great, innovative stuff and a challenging, fascinating new direction for Wooldridge!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Robbo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Salivating...damn that's a killer sled :!: :!: :!:
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby cobble cruiser » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 am

Robbo wrote:Salivating...damn that's a killer sled :!: :!: :!:

No kidding! Wooldridge has always been a quality well built boat that runs very shallow but the newer XL versions of the popular Alaskan as well as the tricked out new custom features makes these boats mind blowing! The industry asked for wider boats with "fishy friendly" features like double wide trays and easy access storage and Glen Wooldridge listened! That is one handsome sled. :)
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Postby Mystical Legends » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 pm

That is one nice lookin ride. Glenn has to be happy with that thing.
Mystical Legends
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:17 am

You've got that right! I think they have already started filming with that rig... I'll find out by inviting Glenn to join our board. He can tell us himself!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Hawgkiller » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks guys!
The sled is sweet!
I want to thank all the people involved! I really put Wooldridge to the test with this one and they pasted with flying colors! The boat is loaded! As far as our filming schedule, we are trying to find good fishing the same as the rest of you. I hope to get it on the Umpqua and get some blood on it this week.
We just got back from fishing the Alsea with Andi in our new 18' Cacka Max. Another sweet Hawg Quest boat. We went 3 for 5. It was cold and nasty. We were going to film the second day but it was snowing when we got up, so we packed it in. Andi stayed and fished. He went 6 for 9. I know! I should have stayed. Cameras and wet do not mix. Weather is the enemy this time of year as you well know.
We have to make four more shows before we go to re-runs. We make 13 shows a season, 26 a year. That's one show every two weeks we need to stay on schedule. Not easy! Taj wants us to do a show from my man cave. Showing riggings and talking fishing. What do you think?
I had the sled out yesterday for the first time. I must say I like the tiller much better. It is way easier to control and fish out of. The only downside it the cold wind in my face when I driving. A small price to pay for better fishing! I couldn't be happier with the set up. Top to bottom the Wooldridge boys out did themselves! Rob Hyatt helped me with the layout and tray system. His buddy did the art work. His name is Gregg Morris. He has Acme Tattoo in Kent. We wanted to do more but time was an issue.
We hope to get a show as soon as we can. I have until Wednesday to get one. I need at least five fish to make us happy. I was going to hit the Willamate for Sturgeon but it closing this weekend. I heard it was off the hook. The river here is a bit high for the sled. Not because the sled can't run but because the main doen't fish well until it get a little lower. I'm hoping all this snow doesn't melt too fast and bow us out.
The driftboat water is good and I'll probably end up doing a drift. We need it to warm up to get the fish back on the bite. There are some good bank fishing spots that are hot right now. It's just hard to film a hole full of locals fishing. Believe it or not some guys don't like having a camera around! The preasure is on!
I'll be on the Outdoor line next Saturday. I plan to be a difficult interview! :lol:
FYI My good friend Dave Hawguli took second place in the Three Rivers poker game last night. Way to go Dave! Now we have fuel money!!! Dave is coming down tomorrow to help me get a show.
I'll be up on the Penn the end of March. Every year we head up to the River Inn to fish Gods country. I love it up there! I went up in December but it was blown! Even Cook Cr was blown out. I delivered a new highside 16' clack to our friend Archie Howard on the Quinault. I hope to be sidedrifting the lower Quinault soon! I wonder if he'll let me row?
Andi says he buddy are getting some Springers. He says it is the five year cycle and there should be some big fish this year. He start hitting it around mid March. I'll be there too! Right now it only one or two here and there. We still have a ton of Winter Steelhead to chase before we worry about Salmon.
Thanks again and see you on TV or next week on the Outdoor Line!
Hawgkiller
Pollywog

Postby Hawgkiller » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:09 pm

forgot some s's lol That is why I have to fish for a living!
Hawgkiller
Pollywog

Postby t_dub » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 pm

love the rigging of the day on the show, so a show just on rigging would be great for all us still trying to figure all this out.
t_dub
Pecker Trout

Postby cobble cruiser » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Having the boys down at Wooldridge fix me up with a new sled and I'm super excited! May be a bit as there is a bit of a waiting list but you know what they say about those who wait.

Glen,
I saw your boat in progress a few times while in the factory! WHOA! is all I gotta say. You didn't skimp on any detail. Just plain SICK is really the only word! Must be a proud Wooly owner! :)
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Next

Return to Boat Owners Forum