Lowrance LCX 38hd

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Lowrance LCX 38hd

Postby eenakok » Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Good evening everyone!
I currently have a LCX 38hd that I took off my dads boat in installed it on mine. I am sure nothing has been done to it and it is currently in "stock" mode. Are there any suggestions on how to tune this unit to make it more effective? I mainly fish lakes here in Washington with going out in the sound every once in a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

David
eenakok
Pollywog

Re: Lowrance LCX 38hd

Postby Robbo » Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 am

Here's an image from my HDS that shows my settings. They are going to be very similar on your unit Eenakok.
hds_web.jpg
hds_web.jpg (116.26 KiB) Viewed 4379 times

Hit "Menu" twice and you should see "Sonar" with an arrow next to it. Scroll down, click on that, and most of the settings will appear. You will most likely need to have your sensitivity set to between 90 and 95 percent. The best thing to do is run the sensitivity all the way up until the screen is almost entirely cluttered and then back it down from there until you get a good image. Play with your Colorline to further improve the image and with the Noise Rejection setting if there are quite a few other boats around. I can't remember if there are settings for Trolling Speed or Freshwater/Saltwater on that unit or not. If it has those options run it on Freshwater all the time...even in Puget Sound.

Hope that helps. Feel free to axe if you have more questions thumbup
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby eenakok » Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 am

Thank you, I'll try those out on Monday.
eenakok
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey EK,
I just took a quick look at the manual on line.
Here's the link: http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/LCX113-112-38-37-28-27_0151-511_12-08-06.pdf
Robbo hit it right on. Your unit does not have the softkeys as the HDS series but the settings shown in the pic should get you very close to dialed in!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby eenakok » Fri May 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Nelly wrote:Hey EK,
I just took a quick look at the manual on line.
Here's the link: http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/LCX113-112-38-37-28-27_0151-511_12-08-06.pdf
Robbo hit it right on. Your unit does not have the softkeys as the HDS series but the settings shown in the pic should get you very close to dialed in!

Thank you! It should help for sure..
eenakok
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum