New F/F GPS Combo advice (Update)

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Re: New F/F GPS Combo advice

Postby Dan Carney » Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 am

Mine will display voltage, time, and other data on the screen you just have to go in and manually set it up. I can also move the values to any place on the screen desired. However, you can get so much data on the screen that you can't see the sonar returns. As far as the manual, I found it basically useless. There are some great videos on using and setting up the units on youtube. Good luck.
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby ondarvr » Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

When I go to the menu in overlays it lists depth, water temp and speed, but not volts...it could be in there somewhere though.

I agree the manual sort of mentions things, but doesn't really say how to use the features or get the most out of the unit.
ondarvr
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Hey O,
Try scrolling down on the available overlay sources and you'll find "Input Voltage"..
It's there somewheres...
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby ondarvr » Wed May 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Nelly wrote:Hey O,
Try scrolling down on the available overlay sources and you'll find "Input Voltage"..
It's there somewheres...

I was sitting in the boat fiddling with it today and found the voltage selection menu, also found some other depth options, now to see if I set it up correctly.

If I can get it to zoom in on the top 50ft and also track the bottom at any depth I will be very happy with it. I may just be so used the Garmin menus that changing to a new system will take some time.
ondarvr
Pollywog

Re: New F/F GPS Combo advice (update)

Postby ondarvr » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:56 pm

I Think I found out how to do it, it is simple if it works. The manual says nothing about it though. As soon as I get back out on the water I'll find out.
ondarvr
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 am

There is absolutely no substitute for time working the unit on the water.
If you sit in the driveway with the manual you'll be ahead of the game learning the menus and features but time on the water is the key!
Experience is the best teacher! thumbup
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: New F/F GPS Combo advice (Update)

Postby ondarvr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 am

After using it on the water for the last several weeks I have figured out most of the features, its taken a bit of time and effort with very little help from the manual, but I'm getting there.

So far I am very pleased with my choice of units, a larger screen would be nice, but at about $500.00 more for a larger one I just couldn't justify the cost for where and how I fish right now.
ondarvr
Pollywog

Re: New F/F GPS Combo advice (Update)

Postby Nelly » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:35 am

There is no substitute for time on the water learning about the unit.
I find Lowrance's Windows-driven software is about the easiest to learn and use.
I'm glad it's working for you O!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Previous

Return to Boat Owners Forum