Craig, Alaska

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Craig, Alaska

Postby Robbo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Off to a decent start here in Craig. Pretty much WFO yesterday for kings along with limits of chicken buts, lings, and a couple yelloweye. A little slower today for kings but we still limited and released a few including a nice low to mid 30's king for Bucket. Out again with the boys again tomorrow...fun times :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Craig, Alaska

Postby Nelly » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:30 am

Wow! It's about time we got a Craig report from you!

By the way, nice picture! ;)

Oh, that's right, you didn't include one!!! :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Brandon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:40 am

Im with nelly. We want pics!! And im just curious....explain WFO chinook bite? I can imagine it puts anything in the puget sound to shame. Never been to alaska. But are we talkin drop ur herring down and its immediatly inhaled? How long did it last for? Im droolin for July 16 now. I think I need to go buy a new rod just cause.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Postby Nelly » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah Brandon, You do need a new Fetha Styx!

"WFO" is Robboish (also known as Endsley English) for "Wide Fricking Open" or a chinook bite that results in a multiple-hookup day numbering in the 20's to 30's.

If there are any other references Endsley uses that you're unsure of, we could utilize this thread as a "Robbo Glossary" of sorts while we wait until Endsley figures out how to send pics with his cell phone... :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby AkKings » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:18 am

I fish the same area as Rob (headed there tomorrow morning :D ), when its WFO not only are you getting them but you look around and numerous other boats have nets flying. You can't get through the kings to get to the bottom to catch halibut. The 6-8 dozen pre-cut baits you left the dock with are gone in the 1st hour or 2 and your cutting as fast as you can to keep your guys baited up. Your leader supply shrinks quickly. Your guests keep saying, "ahhh, its just another 20-25 pounder, let it go". You don't mind quite as much when Spot or SOB (couple of huge resident bull sealions that hang out at a well known king spot and get fed well) steal your fish, might even laugh about it. Thats pretty much my definition of WFO.
Back in the mid 90's we had more and better WFO days, with the king predictions for this year that ADF&G are giving us, I hope to see fishing like it used to be. :D
AkKings
Pollywog

Postby Salmonhawk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I guess WFO king bite is like a decent live bait stop for tuna :lol: :lol: :lol:
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Mystical Legends » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Salmonhawk wrote:I guess WFO king bite is like a decent live bait stop for tuna :lol: :lol: :lol:

But better :lol:

It would be nice to see a few pics man! Always wanted to get up there..it's on the list!
Mystical Legends
Pollywog

Postby JWhit » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Sounds like loads of fun Robbo. Getting settled in here on the Kenai. The saltwater King bite has been pretty good out of Deep Creek, the Kasilof River is producing good numbers of small Kings and the Kenai is starting to pump out quite a few 30-50 pounders! Black Bear hunting has been WFO for the last 4-5 days up at the lake with a lot of hides hanging around camp. Trout opener is coming up next week and we have been enjoying sunny skies and mid 70's lately. Life is good up here brother.
"A game fish is too valuable a resource to be caught only once" ~Lee Wulff
JWhit
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Akkings summed it up. We dropped right into a triple first thing this morning and they just kept coming. Then my main started clunking real bad and we hav spent the last 3 hours on the kicker motor. No pics yet from me cuz my net isn't hooked up yet. The boys will post some pics when they get home.
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby AkKings » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Robbo wrote:Akkings summed it up. We dropped right into a triple first thing this morning and they just kept coming. Then my main started clunking real bad and we hav spent the last 3 hours on the kicker motor. No pics yet from me cuz my net isn't hooked up yet. The boys will post some pics when they get home.

Nothing I hate worse then a clunking main, hope its not to serious!
AkKings
Pollywog

Next

Return to Fishing Reports