Columbia River Springer Rebound!!!

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Columbia River Springer Rebound!!!

Postby Nelly » Thu May 19, 2011 2:17 pm

When the big river re-opened on Sunday, May 15 my enthusiasm was tempered by reports of flooding concerns in the middle river and a sharply rising flow over Bonneville Dam.
I could not have been more wrong!
Sunday's weather made for difficult conditions but chinook fishing since has wide open for the anchor fishermen in the know.

Columbia River Ace Eric Linde steered Illwaco legend Milt Gudgel of Pacific Salmon Charters into this huge 33-pound springer held by Mark Akeril
AIMG953981.jpg
AIMG953981.jpg (46.85 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

So when we got the call from Linde about this smokin' chinook opportunity, Tobeck and I high-tailed it down to Kalama and jumped into the Corona Crown Jewel... We hooked our first fish in three minutes!!!

They were so thick, even I caught one!... Thanks to Eric Linde
Alinde.jpg
Alinde.jpg (48.19 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

All in all, we hooked nine and landed five... Tobeck lost the rest... There will be plenty more pics to follow as well as a blog... or two. Meanwhile, call Eric Linde for a trip at (360) 607-6421!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Columbia River Springer Rebound!!!

Postby Salmonhawk » Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 am

It was a great day on the water and finally meeting Eric Linde was awesome, what a great guy! I did loose a fish or two but having left there after catching the most fish and handing you the rod on a couple made up for it. Dinner was great last night!
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Return to Fishing Reports