Walleye

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Walleye

Postby Duckproross » Sat May 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Our spring walleye bite has been nothing short of phenomenal this week. I have been fishing Moses Lake trolling Rapala Shad Raps and Berkley Flicker Shads. It's not a guaranteed limit but it's as close as it gets! The fish are averaging 17-19 inches with a few 22-27". This bite should continue till water temps rise to 70+.
Potholes Reservoir is producing some huge trophy fish including a 28" we boated this Monday, trolling bottom bouncers and Mack's Super Death spinners. Numbers not so much lately. Look for the Potholes bite to explode when the water level drops about 2 ft and flow is increased back into the system.
During high winds Soda and Lower Goose Lakes are a great option. These smaller more protected waters are producing lots of eater size 14-17" Walleye. Be careful of shallow rocks. Trolling Mack's Lures UV blades in front of a slow death or super death hook has been the ticket.
Duckproross
Pollywog

Re: Walleye

Postby DuckDog » Sun May 15, 2016 6:15 am

My brothers fished with you last year and brought home a bunch of walleye. They are absolutely delicious drool

I will NOT be missing the next trip thumbup
DuckDog
Pollywog

Re: Walleye

Postby Nelly » Sun May 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks for the report Ross and yeah, those walleye are amazingly good eating ! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports