Bubble Report

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Bubble Report

Postby kurtmiller » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Partner & I fished the Bubble Friday (7-10) at daybreak. Probably 50+ boats in the area and didn't see a single net, nor did we get a bump. Part of the reason was it was almost impossible to fish due to some new species of seaweed or grass that I haven't seen in 50+ years of fishing Puget Sound. It was almost like an angel hair grass so fine and so thick it stuck to everything... hopefully it stays in the Bubble and out of A9 (next target)... oh well, we needed a fam trip anyway to get used to the new boat and new gear in prep for the 16th, soooooo ready for that.

Then went south around the corner to drop some pots just south of the Bubble buoy where we'd always killed 'em in the past. Put 4 pots in 120 to 150 feet of water for an hour soak. All four pots were jammed with crab but every single one was female or undersized. Since it's right around the corner from the tribe I would suspect that they have carpet bombed the area and nothing keepable is left for us. Finally dropped a couple just outside of the Mission Bar midchannel marker between Everett & Hat and saved the day with some nice sized keepers.

Needless to say, for this year... I AM DONE WITH THE BUBBLE!
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Re: Bubble Report

Postby Nelly » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up Kurt,
I gave the Tulalip bubble a soft try Sunday afternoon and we marked a couple chinook in about 100' right on the rug but nothing doing.
Late June was pretty solid by "bubble" standards and keep those crab pots fishing closer to Everett.
The mouth of the Snohomish has been really kicking out the crabs! rockon
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports