San Juan Island Chinook Opener...

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

San Juan Island Chinook Opener...

Postby Nelly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Well,...
If I would have caught one, I would have posted a pic but thumbdown

A tough day for me with a couple of chances but nothing in the box. I saw a couple caught at Eagle Bluff and unfortunately that's all I have to report today... But... There is always tomorrow! rockon
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: San Juan Island Chinook Opener...

Postby Les Davis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Greets,
Well,... nuts ! I sent you another loving text message from Salmon Bank forgetting that my AT&T iPhone fails to communicate from the wilds of Area 7. My "non Weldcraft" received it's first blood spill this morning trolling a green / white coyote at 150 ft on the 175 contour halfway between the green can and shore on the first of the outgoing.
The little 9 pound speed demon fought bravely before martyrdom for the new tub.

Interestingly, I did manage to slither on down close to Eagle Point due to the number of boats to find they were all still trolling around a pod of Orcas that were feeding through the rip. I immediately boogied back to the legal side of the green can to hit the previously mentioned Chinook, where he was probably running for his life.

During the typical exit interviews back at Cornet Bay, one nice fellow, with honest eyes, reported his boat crew crushed quite a few salmon at Eastern with releases of fish into the teens. Lure of choice was the Coho Killer.... So there's that.

Your Pal,
Les
"Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion"
Les Davis
Pollywog

Postby MisGuided1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:10 am

I'm staying at Roche Harbor for a week and tried the West side of San Juan yesterday. I fished Lime Kiln early, Eagle Point end of outgoing until the killer whales showed, then ran to and finished at Big Rock. I never had a hit and never saw a fish landed. I heard of one 26 lb fish caught around Henry Island early. Seemed pretty slow to say the least.
MisGuided1
Pollywog

Postby Odie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:49 am

We made the trip from Edmonds to Hein Bank yesterday. Right when we got there, 2 take downs and then orcas showed and no fish. Ran over to Big Rock, had a fish on, lost it as it was being chased by a seal. Watched another boat lose a fish to a seal, looks like the seals were hiding from the Orcas.

Boat is getting bottom painted the next 2 weeks, then the opener.
Odie
Pollywog

Postby Duck » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Put 2 in the new Duckworth at Thatcher Pass. Had a 3rd on but the DR release was set too tight. Lost the fish after 3-4 minutes right when we figured out what was wrong. :oops: Oops

Post with more explanation, pictures and a Cannon Digi 10 DR issue I had.
viewforum.php?f=4
Duck
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports