4/5 A9 Blackmouth

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

4/5 A9 Blackmouth

Postby Brandon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm

A9 BM fishin has been up and down for me this winter but I thought id share this one today. Buddy and I fished in the PSA derby today out of Port Townsend. Pretty dang good fishing today as we limited in A9 and then jumped over to A6 and were able to scratch 2 more fish just past pt wilson as well. We ended up placing 2nd and 5th and took home a little cash. 10 days left with some good weather coming there is fish to be had out there for sure.

Heres our 2nd place fish today..

And a few more that rounded out the box..

These came out of one of the stomachs... Pretty obvious where we were after looking at this. Green flashers and white coho killers worked for us.

Big Red sighting..
Here I was getting all jacked for Hali but I may have to get out another time or 5 after today. 50cal
Brandon
Metalhawg

Re: 4/5 A9 Blackmouth

Postby Nelly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:49 am

Nice.work Brandon!
Thanks a bunch for the report and the shot of the old boat brings back memories!!!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Eddy C » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:23 am

Nice work Brandon!

I hit something and spun a prop in the Anacortes Derby. Your picture of the two kings and the ship made me get off my butt put on the spare prop and head for mcb yesterday :lol:
Eddy C
Pecker Trout

Postby Odie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Brandon thanks for the update. We are headed out Wednesday and trying to decide between Possession and MCB. Grady needs a good ride.
Odie
Pollywog

Postby oppie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Hey Brandon, great to meet you last weekend.
My first time fishing MCB and it won't be my last, managed to get 11.7 and 8.4lbers for our efforts. Sure beats the shaker fest down south.
Nelly, boat is running great and still fishy, though it's a little hard to blend into the crowd! Looking forward to a lot of blood on the decks this year. cheers
oppie
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:09 am

oppie wrote:Hey Brandon, great to meet you last weekend.
My first time fishing MCB and it won't be my last, managed to get 11.7 and 8.4lbers for our efforts. Sure beats the shaker fest down south.
Nelly, boat is running great and still fishy, though it's a little hard to blend into the crowd! Looking forward to a lot of blood on the decks this year. cheers

Glad to hear it Oppie thumbup
Here's hoping you have your career year out there.
Better clean out the freezer...your gonna need the space drool
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports