I remember when...

This forum is for all the things we do in our every day lives outside of fishing, hunting, and the outdoors.

I remember when...

Postby Robbo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:17 pm

...we used to have a fricking NBA team in Seattle! Man I'm missing the Sonics right now!

I was just reduced to watching "Throw Down With Bobby Flay" on the Cooking Channel for crying out loud. It was either that or the Lakers on ESPN and sorry but I still HATE the Lakers and the Jailblazers too for that matter. I should be watching Sonics basketball right now or listening to KC announce the game on the radio! Help me! :twisted:

Remember the Rain Man
kemp.jpg
kemp.jpg (98.19 KiB) Viewed 10804 times

The X Man...Xavior McDaniel!
xavier.jpg
xavier.jpg (107.01 KiB) Viewed 10804 times

Bring back the NBA dammit!
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: I remember when...

Postby Nelly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:54 am

The days after the last NFL game always gave me that "December 26" feeling. We did get screwed the way the Sonics left but there is a move afoot to get another franchise here. NBA Commissioner David Stern is only one of the many things that's wrong with pro hoops.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Robbo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:51 am

Sounds like they're shooting for an arena in Bellevue that will host both and NBA and an NHL team. Fair enough...they just need to get a team here and quick :evil:
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby TedR » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:25 pm

I was never much of an NBA fan so the Sonics leaving didn't hurt too much. I love college ball so I have that to watch once the Hawks are done (to early!). Normally once Football is over though I start counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report. The best sport there is, baseball... ;)
TedR
Pollywog

Postby Fivesrlimit » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:58 am

I couldn't agree with you more Robbo. We had a group of guys that bought season tickets every year from Lynden. I still can remember shouts of "Feed the Hawk", and "flying chickens in the barn yard". Great times. I can honestly say I have not watched an entire NBA game since they left. E
Fivesrlimit
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 am

Haven't watched an NBA game since they left either. I used to try to go to at least a game or two a season and the rest of the time either listened to the games on the radio or watched them on the boob tube. Nice to plop down on the couch and catch the 4th quarter or a recap of the game...something...anything.

Looking forward to spring training also Ted. It'll be interesting to see what kind of team they put on the field this year. Hopefully Milton Bradley stays put in cell block C. Check out this flattering article featuring Milton. Shocker! :o

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5792 ... lb-history
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Salmonhawk » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 am

I got my bball fix watching my son Madden play yesterday. They beasted by the way!
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby kurtmiller » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:10 pm

I heard there was a 12 step program for what ails us all and like the others I haven't even watched any NBA game since they left... and btw look at them now, leading their division :evil: But aren't we proud Mariner fans to have 3 in the top 25 jerks, guess we gotta be good at something.
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Return to A Day in the Life