Sportco/Outdoor Emporium Lockbox

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Sportco/Outdoor Emporium Lockbox

Postby Duckhunter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:23 am

I happen to be in Sportco roming the isles and heard a guy ask for the manager, when a guy came out to talk to him from Sportco (not sure if he was actually the manager) he began talking about a promotion to give out free lockboxes from a company he was associated with. He was talking about how great it would be, then it turned to his plan to mandate locking up guns in all homes (HB 1122). He stated his plan for pushing legislation to mandate that all guns must be locked up at all times when not directly in use and actually make it criminal if it isnt. Yes, making law abiding gun owners criminals. He stated his plan clearly to Sportco. So at minumun Sportco is OK with restricting honest gun owners rights.
I hadnt heard much about this since, but just heard the podcast for your show and just thought people should know.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Re: Sportco/Outdoor Emporium Lockbox

Postby THE SNAGGER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Looks like I will be spending my money elsewhere!
THE SNAGGER
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:39 pm

That's a pretty large leap to assume that about Sportco.
In fact, Outdoor Emporium conducted a trigger lock and lockbox GIVEAWAY last Saturday from 10am to 1pm.
Talk about putting your money where gun safety is! rockon
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Duckhunter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Who is giving them the lockboxes? And who is pushing HB 1122? He clearly stated to Sportco this was his agenda.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Postby Duckhunter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Hey Nelly, What if Sportco/OE was giving away life jackets that had a picture an orca on it and it said "Save the Whales in the San Juan Islands" and those life jackets were supplied by a save the whales group or even NOAA? Would you feel different then? I bet you'd be a little skeptical and at least wonder why they would help push their agenda. rockon. Im not in favor of making honest gun owners criminals.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Postby THE SNAGGER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:33 pm

50cal rockon boxing
THE SNAGGER
Pollywog

Postby THE SNAGGER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:38 pm

It's also a big leap to assume that duck hunter is falsely stating this! Nelly, did your show do it's reasearch on who was behind the lock boxes?
THE SNAGGER
Pollywog

Postby Bowfinger12000 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 am

In reading your post you stated you weren't sure if it were the manager or not which I suppose in the grand scheme isn't the issue, but for someone to state they will be spending their money elsewhere without any facts based on anything but what you overheard is part of the problem in society. I myself have been guilty of this in the past so I'm not judging by any means but as much as I LOOOOVE my guns, bows, and blackpowder goods I also am pro safety as most any of us are. IF and IF it were true that a manger or any other rep from Sportco or OE had the opinion of locking it all up and making things a criminal offense I think we need to keep in mind that they are not exactly expressing the thoughts or politcal opinions of the company they work for but are still entitled to what they want to believe. If you or anyone have concerns about this I bet if you contacted the corporate office or someone you might get a better feel on the 'company' beliefs or opinions but to me it seems a bit silly for any firearm retail store to fall into an idea of the likes like the one overheard here in this post. By nature I am not a very political person only because I hate the divide and fights it causes between us brothers and sisters but I have a great deal of respect and gratitude for all of those that fight for us in the government offices to the battlefields and everywhere in between. Great post here and looking forward to hearing if there is anyone else out there that may know more on the actual business end of the Sportco/OE thoughts on this. Everyday on the right side of the grass is a good day!! thumbup cheers
Bowfinger12000
Pollywog

Postby Duckhunter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

I agree, i was looking for answers too, i was just puting it out there. I found it kind of odd the this giveaway happened the weeekend before HB 1122 is put to a house vote. This bill says if a criminal steals a gun from your house and uses it in a crime you are to be charged with at least a misdemeanor and possibly a felony. I am looking for answers, since the show publicized the giveaway I thought maybe they could ask if the giveaway had anything to with the group pushing for overreaching gun laws against honest gun owners. If it doesnt have anything to do with them at all, Im sorry for bringing it up. It just seems like too big of a coincidence to me.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Postby Duckhunter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

Was anybody handing out political info at the giveaway?
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Next

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements