New Member Introductions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby jspecc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:55 pm

I'm Joe. Moved up to the Seattle area 2 years ago from Reno, NV. I mainly fly-fished for trout in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Pyramid Lake, with a few steelhead trips to northern California mixed in. Moving up here I was all excited about spey fishing the local rivers for Steelhead, and really had no idea about the saltwater opportunites for salmon and crab. For the past year or so I've been fishing/learning the ways of the force with convential tackle from my drift boat and banks of the local rivers, a steep learning curve, to say the least.

Listening to Nelly, Robbo, and John on Saturdays has been awesome. All the saltwater talk drew me to my first trip to the Seattle Boat Show this past January, and I've been chomping at the bit ever since to get out there on the Sound. Well, today a new chapter in this anglers book has begun...a deal on 21' North River Seahawk has been inked, and I couldn't be more excited to start this new journey.

So I figured I better officially check-in with you guys. Hopefully I will have some experiences/reports to share in the future. I sure do appreciate all the tips and information everyone shares on the radio and on this forum, it goes a long ways with a rookie like me...
jspecc
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Congrats on the new boat man thumbup

The nice thing about that boat is you can take it about anywhere. The sound, Sekiu, Grays Harbor, Columbia, the lakes, etc.. Great all around boat and you'll now enjoy the same sickness that has inflicted the rest of us.

Don't quit fishing for steelhead though...good way to get thru the winter ;)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby salmonhunter1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 pm

hello all. My radio call name is Salmonhunter. Boat name Wildlife
I'm new to this forum, but been following Tom for awhile now.
Pretty much my hangout are Westport, Sekiu but I'm want to get into black mouth fishing this year and start doing the derbies.
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Sorry about not welcoming you aboard earlier there SH...
But, I've been too busy answering your other posts! rofl
Good to have you here! thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby upriver » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:23 am

"Upriver" here. I have lived in Concrete or "upriver" on the Skagit since I was 5. I have spent many hours on the mighty Skagit and just love the upper Valley. I have been listening to outdoor line for several years and just recently found the forum.I really enjoy Robbo and Nelson talking about the good old days on the Skagit .I landed a 37 inch native Steelhead back in December which was definitely one of the "good old days."

I have a lost fishing pole story. A couple years ago during the Chinook season my brother and I are taking his drifter down the Skagit.The river was raging and I snagged up. I was using my brothers pole and try to grab the spool on the reel. I tried to grab the spool on the real as we were drifting down river at a high rate of speed. I lost grip and the rod launched about 20 feet upstream out of my hand. My nephew looked at me with disgust and stated "uncle Eddie why didn't you jump in to get the pole".I ended up buying my brother a new pole which he gave back to me for my birthday it was all good.
upriver
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Howdy Up!
Thanks for listening and thanks also for hopping aboard our little Forum here.
It's certainly not the busiest one on the web but we take pride in the quality of the conversation that does get posted here.
Thanks again and I sincerely hope that some day soon we are enjoying a spring day like this drifting down the mighty Skagit River in search of a bite from one of its majestic steelhead.
Looking forward to reading more of your posts, T cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby upriver » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:33 pm

I'm optimistic that the spring drift will be a reality in the near future. Thanks for the "welcome" Nelly and hope to run into you on the home waters someday. :D :D
upriver
Pollywog

Postby YoYo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi Everyone - new guy here. I live in Everett and pretty much fish in freshwater. I have a drift boat and a small car topper and have never really fished in salt water much other than crabbing. I'm sort of re-introducing myself to fishing after some years away from the rivers. Anyway, thats me, look forward to being part of the gang around here.

Duncan
YoYo
Pollywog

Postby StuartHunts » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 am

Hey Everyone!
I'm Stuart!
I live in DC, and I'm currently on contract. After that I am getting the hell out of here and finding somewhere else to live. Hope to see what I can learn here.
StuartHunts
Pollywog

Postby QuotaCatcher » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:22 am

Long time listener/lurker, so thanks for all the info over the years.

I'm originally from Whidbey Island and as a result I'm pretty much an incurable saltwater junkie. Most my fishing is done from a 16ft cc boat, but I'm constantly looking for that next step up to cure the two footitis.

Tight lines everyone and hope to see ya all on the water.

Cheers cheers
QuotaCatcher
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion