Cannon Swivel Mounts

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Cannon Swivel Mounts

Postby SlumRunner » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:27 am

I made the decision to switch from Scotties to Cannon downriggers. Very happy with the decision with regards to the actual downriggers themselves. I also purchased the 6 inch pedestal swivel mounts. These are a terrible design. I used one for a year and the main stainless steel bolt that holds on the mounting base broke off when trailering the boat. Thank god that didn't happen when I was actually fishing, or else I would've lost the downrigger and my rod and reel. I sent that broken mount back to Cannon and they replaced it. Now they are starting to act up again. The downrigger is super loose and wobbles on the mount, and the downrigger will slide to different positions on the mount. I think it is just a really bad design. I will call Cannon and see what they can do for me...doesn't seem right that I spent $250 on pedestal mounts and now need to buy low profile mounts for another $250. Tom, I know you run Cannons, what do you recommend?
SlumRunner
Pollywog

Re: Cannon Swivel Mounts

Postby SlumRunner » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Just talked with Cannon, they are going to send me new low profile swivel mount for free and pay for the postage to return my pedestal mounts. Great customer service, very cool of them.
SlumRunner
Pollywog

Re: Cannon Swivel Mounts

Postby Nelly » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:42 am

I hear you and have never been a fan of pedestal mounted downriggers which is often the case with track-mounting systems.
Glad you had that customer service experience!
Cannon cares! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Boat Owners Forum